Name of the B-58 parasite?

fossil

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
What's the name/designation of the "small" parasite craft at the rear, under the B-52 Hustler? Also any other links to that design or 3-views and details.

www.testpilot.ru/usa/convair/b/58/super/super.htm

Attachments

Orionblamblam

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
fossil said:
What's the name/designation of the "small" parasite craft at the rear, under the B-52 Hustler? Also any other links to that design or 3-views and details.

As the website says, that's the "Super Hustler." Type "Super Hustler" in the search engine above to find more threads on it.

OM

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.io.com
Orionblamblam said:
fossil said:

As the website says, that's the "Super Hustler." Type "Super Hustler" in the search engine above to find more threads on it.
...Wasn't this one of the "Kingfish" proposal designs that was batted about?

fossil

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
This is a 3-view of the parasite I'm looking for a designation. Would like to build a scale model with a wingspan about 48 inches x 96 inches long

Attachments

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
fossil: It will be usefull to add somewhere to your drawing a note, that it is the imagination or a few weeks later we will find at Abovetopsecret or somewhere else the thread that the new supersecret black hypersonic aircraft was revealed :D Nice idea indeed.

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
fossil said:
This is a 3-view of the parasite I'm looking for a designation.
That's not actually the parasite... that's the *booster.* The parasite was the manned vehicle ahead of/below the booster.

Also: the nosecone of the booster, the part ahead of the line, was actually the bomb.

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
Re: Fun Fake

fossil said:
Had some fun comming up with this. Think it will fly?
Not on its own. The expendable booster stage was ramjet powered, with no means of getting to ramjet speed. It would need to be carried by another aircraft, or given rocket boosters.

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
please no more fanart in this thread

OM

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.io.com
Orionblamblam said:
OM said:
No, but it was an ancestor design.
...That's why I thought I'd seen it before. Came across it one time during my OXCART research back in the late 90's, albeit in a "napkin sketch" form. A "Fish" proposal, then?

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Orionblamblam said:
OM said:
No, but it was an ancestor design.
...That's why I thought I'd seen it before. Came across it one time during my OXCART research back in the late 90's, albeit in a "napkin sketch" form. A "Fish" proposal, then?
The Fish proposal was an ancestor of the Kingfish; FISH stands for First Invisible Super Hustler because it was intended as a reconnaissance derivative of the Super Hustler. More info on the Fish can be found at http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0287.shtml.

TsrJoe

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Just curious, how was the combination intended to take off ? The Hustlers nose undercarriage is covered by the Fish vehicle, im wondering if any drawings show the intended setup?

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
Just curious, how was the combination intended to take off ? The Hustlers nose undercarriage is covered by the Fish vehicle, im wondering if any drawings show the intended setup?
The noses of both the Super Hustler and the FISH were designed to fold down and back 180 degrees while underneath the B-58. This would clear space for the B-58 nosegear for takeoff. The nose would fold into place after nose gear retraction.

TsrJoe

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Many thanks indeed Scott, very appreciated

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
This thread ought to be merged with the thread "Convair Super Hustler, Fish and Kingfish" because the person who started the thread now knows that the machine in the picture he posted is the Super Hustler.