Myasishchev M-59

Vasily41

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I was looking through the aircraft summary in the back of Buttler's Soviet Secret Projects: Bombers Since 1945, and came across the M-59 which I have never known before.

Advanced cruise missile carrier (M-59K) development of the M-56, late 1959. Massive delta wing with combined turbojet and rocket powerplant including six VD-7-300 (initially) or four NK-11 jet engines mounted around lower rear fuselage and fed by a single intake. Slim forward fuselage with canard foreplane level with cockpit. Twin fins well out on wing, single cruise missile carried beneath the engines. Takeoff weight approaching 529,101 lb (240,000 kg), top speed 1,989 mph (3,200 km/h), ceiling 88,583 ft (27,000 m) and range up to 9,944 miles (16,000 km); missile's speed after launch 2,486 mph (4,000 km/h). Brief study only.

Are there any pictures of this monster?

Wonderful! No top views of the first model?

Last edited:
What I know from Ucon, no next sources are known. For now my attempt to realise it is the best.

What I know from Ucon, no next sources are known. For now my attempt to realise it is the best.
Mr. Plane Pictures,you just don't know about new declassified source. Take care and stay healthy.

Undoubtedly, we would all be grateful for the publication of at least an incomplete sketch

The Mysischchev (goddam name !) 50- series of bombers were fantastic. Shame Mister K. went for ballistic missiles instead, and the OKB was passed to Chelomei...

Is a very similar concept to the French ram jet Leduc from 60 s.
Or sub-sonic flight jet engines while ram jet for speeds over 2 Mach.