Myasishchev: a History of the Design Bureau and its designs

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody with contacts at Ian Allan knows if someday in the future will something similar to Myasishchev: a History of the Design Bureau and its designs?. Many books already exist in Russian Language that could be compiled to write it. Why then are we still waiting for an English Myasishchev design encyclopedia?

Absolutely! I think there must be quite a few members of this site who would love such a book, me included.

several problems:
too much Russian publications projects in preparation now (M-19, M-50, Soviet airborne lasers)
nobody to translate
Konstantin's health (he's in hospital after another heart attack right now) :(

flateric said:
Konstantin's health (he's in hospital after another heart attack right now) :(

:( :( I sincerely hope he will get better...

The Myasishchev design history is so rich and varied that it truly deserves a reference book that can be read by people outside the Russian-speaking countries!

The MDB is quite unique in itself: the proportion of projects that actually saw the light of day is simply ridiculous compared to the billions of rubles that must have been invested in research by the bureau since the 1940s. If it had been a Western company and not an Eastern design bureau, it would have gone bankrupt a loooong time ago... but because it got state support, it was able to carry on with its work for 5 decades while spawning only one major production type, the Bison, and a few prototypes. And also providing Russian aerospace industry with invaluable data, especially where space programs are concerned.

I have listed no less than 180 separate designs or versions from Myasishchev, from the 1940 VM-1 (DVB-102) high-altitude bomber to the recent Molniya series of projects. Surely this amazing (and largely unknown) piece of aviation history deserves to be told other than in Cyrillic!

several problems:
too much Russian publications projects in preparation now (M-19, M-50, Soviet airborne lasers)
nobody to translate
Konstantin's health (he's in hospital after another heart attack right now)

I see non-Russian readers can expect nothing in near future, but my question was addressed to Western editors. All that gems in Russian Language and nobody interested in collaborative projects to translate and bring it to Rest of the World readers.

I think the right Editor would be Midland. Some volumes of Secret Project series involve some collaboration from local sources, just think in that future Italian Secret Projects. And we already have a couple of Soviet Secret Projects volumes.

I think I'm just dreaming but who knows...somebody hear me ;)

Hi All!!!
Konstantin really had a heart attack. I was this weeks at Konstantin. Now he feels well. Him will discharge from hospital next Friday. He sends all regards.
Best regards, Maksim Beloschuk.

MAGGOT01-205 said:
Hi All!!!
Konstantin really had a heart attack. I was this weeks at Konstantin. Now he feels well. Him will discharge from hospital next Friday. He sends all regards.
Best regards, Maksim Beloschuk.

Good news at least from our Russian friends!! :)
Best whishes to Konstantin again.

Back
Top Bottom