Mojave Airport in Google Earth

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I was trying various locations in Google Earth/Google Maps today and decided to take a look at the Mojave Airport tarmac.
The photo is dated March 31, 2008, and is the only one in the series (earliest is a black & white 1992 picture with virtually no aircraft... what?!?) that is clear enough to make out the aircraft types. Except... I'm not too sure what I'm seeing here!

The red aircraft looks a bit like a MiG-21... the one next to it makes me think of an F-4... Next one still could be an F-100... Okay, okay, I'm hopeless at identifying all these birds... So if you're better than me, please tell me what you see!

Attachments

• Mojave tarmac - 31 March 2008.jpg
    Mojave tarmac - 31 March 2008.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 69
Stargazer2006 said:
I was trying various locations in Google Earth/Google Maps today and decided to take a look at the Mojave Airport tarmac.
The photo is dated March 31, 2008, and is the only one in the series (earliest is a black & white 1992 picture with virtually no aircraft... what?!?) that is clear enough to make out the aircraft types. Except... I'm not too sure what I'm seeing here!

The red aircraft looks a bit like a MiG-21... the one next to it makes me think of an F-4... Next one still could be an F-100... Okay, okay, I'm hopeless at identifying all these birds... So if you're better than me, please tell me what you see!
I could only guess... SP

The National Test Pilot School is at Mojave and has the following aircraft, perhaps some are in the picture:
http://www.ntps.edu/HTML/Aircraft/

AM3 Bosbok
Aermacchi MB326M Impala
Beech-35 Bonanza
Beech 76A Duchess
Bell OH-58C Kiowa
Bell 212 / UH-1N
Cessna 150/152
Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Cessna 441 Conquest
Cirrus SR22
DeHavilland DH-104 Dove
DeHavilland DHC-1 Chipmunk
Douglas C-47/DC-3 Turbodack
Hughes 369 Cayuse
Gippsland GA-8 Airvan
Firecracker NDN-1
L-13 Blanik
MBB Bo-105M
Piper PA-24 Comanche
Piper PA-28-140
Saab SK-35 Draken
Saberliner NA-265
Sikorsky S-55 Chickasaw
Swearingen SA-226T Merlin III

mz said:
The National Test Pilot School is at Mojave and has the following aircraft, perhaps some are in the picture:
http://www.ntps.edu/HTML/Aircraft/

Saab SK-35 Draken

Does anyone know if this is the Draken they used in an episode of The Pretender several years back?