57.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Fuji XMH.jpg
    Fuji XMH.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 616
  • xmh03.jpg
    xmh03.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 664
My dear Blackkite,

it seem to be,the Japanes use always the prefix "XMH" for experimental helicopter or project.

Hmmm........I only confirm two projects which had the name XMH. They are Mitsubishi XMH-4M and Fuji XMH.
These projects were both helicopter with wing.

Yes my dear Blackkite,

I meant the Japanese used XMH perfix,as experimental military helicopter.

In the Air International Issue for September 1973, there was mention made of an experimental light helicopter. The project was proposed by the Japanese Defense Agency. The specifications were a gross weight of 4410lb (2000 kg) and a speed in the order of 193 mph (310 km/h). Power was to come from a turboshaft in the 600shp class. Dynamic component studies were said to have been carried out by the time of the report, and it was planned for the prototype to fly either late in 1975 or early 1976. The long term plan was to use the data gathered from the small experimental helicopter, to assist the build of a larger helicopter to fulfil the ASW role for the JMSDF. It was envisaged that total cost of the project would be in the region of £30-40 million (obviously its equivalent at that time in yen!!)

The planned primary armament would have been Mark 44 Torpedoes (initially supplied under the MAP and then subsequently manufactured under licence in modest numbers by Mitsubishi at Nagasaki) and the Type 73 lightweight torpedo, also produced by Mitsubishi (developed by the Defense Agency's TRDI) and which was just about to enter service, though production would be in penny packets for quite some time due to the Finance Ministry.

Hi!
You can see not only Shinden full scale model, but also Mitsubishi MH2000 helicoppter in Tachiarai peace memorium museum and MH2000 in Aichi Museum of Flight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-0mVdYEao

Attachments

• JP12YAO1694h.jpg
    JP12YAO1694h.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 38f7d627.jpg
    38f7d627.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: