• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Mirage F.1 prototype

ivran

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does somebody have a 3 view drawing of Mirage F.1 prototype, and catawey of Mirage F.2.
Which magazine was launched this plane or published monographs on him

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Recommended reading is "Mirage F1" by Michel Liebert and Sébastien Buyck,
Éditions Lela Presse. Two volumes, the first one dealing with development and
variants, the second one mainly with the service history. Not quite cheap, but
a good source about this aircraft.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
ivran said:
Hello everyone. Does somebody have a 3 view drawing of Mirage F.1 prototype, and catawey of Mirage F.2.
Which magazine was launched this plane or published monographs on him

Thanks in advance

Nice photo Ivran,

I have a drawing to early Mirage F.1 design,from a Russian book,but hard to find now.

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Made a quick search and, well, seems not that easy, the usual sources all saying "not
available in the moment". So you may have to look for the second hand market, sorry.

hesham

Reaction score
ivran said:
where I ceb buy this book

Hi Ivran,

I will search about that book in my files,I have more than 150 Russian books,

ivran

Reaction score
Thanks in advance, I'm trying to get a book from a friend, it is desirable'm my collection, I have very little of the original book on the French aircraft, particularly appeals to me Mirage G, G4, G8 and mirage F2,

cafe

Paper modeller
Reaction score
Jemiba said:
Recommended reading is "Mirage F1" by Michel Liebert and Sébastien Buyck,
Éditions Lela Presse. Two volumes, the first one dealing with development and
variants, the second one mainly with the service history. Not quite cheap, but
a good source about this aircraft.
Volume 1 indeed has a 3 view of the Mirage F1 prototype as it first flew (front, side & top). Same for the Mirage F2.

ivran

Reaction score
Thanks so much, this is beautiful, in my humble opinion ,This is the most beatiful plane , I enjoy the collecting images and projection planes of family Mirage, especially looking forward designs where we can see the collective heritage of simplicity, but subtile aerodynamic lines, the planes resulting in a series of one to other project , as Mirage F1, F2, and F3 with sweptwings, and of course the Mirage III with delta wings. Particularly interesting are the planes of the series Mirage G, with variable geometry wings. When gradually put the images and schematic view, in line, we gets the full review, into the ease design and visual beauty of each airplane with a finely implemented new solutions and ideas in accordance with the new requirements

Thank you all, forthis wonderfulforum
Greetings

cafe

Paper modeller
Reaction score
I think the first pic you posted with the 3-views shows pre-prod aircraft 02, not prototype 01. The antennas on each side of the fin weren't there on 01 and the shape of the fin itself looks like the definitive one as used on 02/03/04. And now that I've opened the book from Lela Presse, it's indeed Mirage F1 02 just before its first flight.

toura

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi Café

You're right !
My first photo is 02
My second photo is 01
My third photo is 02

Here another (true) 01
and 03 04

I'm sorry

Attachments

Archibald

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
While the Mirage F1 looks stunning (particularly without the ugly IFR probe) I can't look at photos of the first prototype without a pinch to the heart.
It flew on December 23, 1966 yet only six months later, on May 19, 1967 that bastard lost its horizontal tail to flutter and slammed into the ground, killing Dassault chief test pilot René Bigand.
In a sense, I prefer to think the Mirage F1 real story started afterward, with prototypes 02, 03 and 04 that looks better on the pictures above...