MIRACL / SEALITE (not a missile but didn't know where else to put it)

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
MIRACL (Mid InfraRed Advanced Chemical Laser) was the beam generator and SEALITE was the director (shown). As I recall both the Army and the Navy have had their hands in it over the years. I've included a picture of THEL for size reference and a photo of the MIRACL Vandal kill. I've got the Vandal kill on video but will have to wait until I've got a video capture board as it's on video tape. (I wasn't sure where to put this but since it's been involved in missile defense testing of various sorts I put it here.) Also note the "kill" markings on the second photo.

Attachments

• thel.jpg
    thel.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 117
  • slbd.jpg
    slbd.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 120
  • laser-beam_star_wars.jpg
    laser-beam_star_wars.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 120
  • MIRACL Vandal shootdown.jpg
    MIRACL Vandal shootdown.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 134
MIRACL (Mid InfraRed Advanced Chemical Laser) was the beam generator and SEALITE was the director (shown). As I recall both the Army and the Navy have had their hands in it over the years. I've included a picture of THEL for size reference and a photo of the MIRACL Vandal kill. I've got the Vandal kill on video but will have to wait until I've got a video capture board as it's on video tape. (I wasn't sure where to put this but since it's been involved in missile defense testing of various sorts I put it here.) Also note the "kill" markings on the second photo.
I spent almost 5 years on the program. It was in fact a U.S. Navy program. The only connection the Army had was that it was on a U.S. Army site.