MiG Lightweight Fighter Projects of the 70s/80s

Thanks a lot for posting !

Quite interesting is one side with dog-tooth and the other one not !! ... maybe two different configurations shown on one model ? ???

Deino

Quite interesting is one side with dog-tooth and the other one not !! ... maybe two different configurations shown on one model ?

according to the new 'OKB Mikoyan' book, page 461, both configurations were considered, there are pictures of _two_ different models, one in each configuration.
Unfortunately, as it's a new book, 'Midland Counties' rules apply, so no scans will be forthcoming.

cheers,
Robin.

Corel 9.0 graphics suite. I use it almost 10 years. Have tried every new version, X4 including, but update is not worth the money. I only bought Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate for the new formats support and effects and this combination satisfy all my needs.

Interesting wedge shaped intake. Looks similar to the proposed inlet on the developed Mig 1.44?

kaiserbill said:
Interesting wedge shaped intake. Looks similar to the proposed inlet on the developed Mig 1.44?

Yes. Also close to the MiG 7.01, F-18 like wind tunnel model, etc.

Avimimus said:
I always found the asymmetric LERXs interesting.

As was said before, they represents two possible solution on the one model.

'Izdeliye 33' WT model

Attachments

• MIG_IZD_33_WT_01.jpg
    MIG_IZD_33_WT_01.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 522
  • MIG_IZD_33_WT_02.jpg
    MIG_IZD_33_WT_02.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 487
Hello,
here on this post Hesham wrote about a certain izdeliye-41, and said that there was a project for such a MiG fighter, but no more information, can any of you help?
ps sorry for google translation:) CB6C7C30-C7CD-43E2-BFBC-7C6D97D7B4C0.jpeg

This is possibly the in house designation for the PAK-DP future long range interceptor replacement for the MiG-31, that is quite possible why certain people call it the MiG-41.

No,this Project was from 1980s,and was not related to PAK-DP.

MiG-33-light fighter type F-16, a project of the eighties.
Product 41 F-16 type fighter with AL-31F engine.
4.12 - light fighter of the fifth generation with the al-41F engine (izd. 20)
5.12-MiG-29

Last edited:
So Izdeliye 33 = SIngle engine with RD-33 "F-16", Izdeliyie 41 = Single engine with AL-31F "F-16" ?

that is, if the differences are only in the engines, then their appearance is similar, and the view of the mig-33 has already been considered, right?

Attachments

• 622B0A8A-308B-44A4-B1BB-1D5C0043ED1C.jpeg
    622B0A8A-308B-44A4-B1BB-1D5C0043ED1C.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 486
No. Izdeliyie 41 has one RD-33 class engine and canard design so some people call it 'Russian Gripen'. It was a project of very simple and cheap fighter - Fighter for the Special Period. In this case 'Special Period' is a total nuclear war.
The project was cancelled because MiG-29 was on conveyor.
One of the variants of izd. 41 reincarnated into JF-17.

No. Izdeliyie 41 has one RD-33 class engine and canard design so some people call it 'Russian Gripen'. It was a project of very simple and cheap fighter - Fighter for the Special Period. In this case 'Special Period' is a total nuclear war.
The project was cancelled because MiG-29 was on conveyor.
One of the variants of izd. 41 reincarnated into JF-17.
if u sure, do you have any pictures/drawings

About ten years ago AAZ from airbase.ru forums said that he asked about permission to use pictures of Izd.41 in his article. But he's been told that this is still classified info.

Yes, I was mistaken. ed. 41-light fighter with RD-33 engine. We can assume that this project turned into a Chinese JF-17

1970-light front-line fighter with a single engine AL-31F with a thrust of 12300 kgf. The aircraft had a normal aerodynamic scheme with a fixed wing that had a broken leading edge, and side air intakes. It was supposed to create the most lightweight design that allows you to get a starting power of 1.4. the Estimated maximum speed at altitude was 2350 km/h (M=2.2), at the ground-1450 km/h, the practical ceiling was 21500 m. The estimated range of the flight with a combat load reached 2800 km when flying at altitude and 1000 km - at the ground, and the distillation — 5000 km. It was possible to land on a dirt airfield. The armament, suspended on six points under the wing, included the K-27 medium-range missiles and the entire existing Arsenal of short-range missiles, as well as a limited mobile 30 mm gun. The plane could carry up to 3 tons of bombs. In terms of equipment, the fighter was close to the MiG-29 being designed at that time and even had a rear-view radar in the fairing on the keel. The project was extremely stressful in terms of weight, in addition, there were doubts about the possibility of providing a high value of aerodynamic quality. The twin-engine MiG-29 was a more promising project, so further detailed development of a light front-line fighter with a single engine AL-31F was not carried out.

Thank you my dear Paralay,

but MiG-33 had a side intakes ?.

I know this thread,

but in Arabic magazine about Aviation,there was an artist drawing to this one,had a side intakes and looks like MiG-21.

I know this thread,

but in Arabic magazine about Aviation,there was an artist drawing to this one,had a side intakes and looks like MiG-21.
Single bottom intake will conflict with front landing gear. To avoid it - it must be like on F-16, J-10 or E-8.
Intake with vertical wedge is little bit heavy for a lightweight fighter.

maybe ur right. but still it's hard to judge without any images.

My point is, if there was early concept or idea,then they transferred to lateral air intake.

I think no, because at that time, the MiG had already abandoned triangular wings. Yes, there was an MFI, but that's a completely different topic
As we see,

there was a delta wing variant ?.

I think no, because at that time, the MiG had already abandoned triangular wings. Yes, there was an MFI, but that's a completely different topic

I think not,maybe later avoid Project.

Hi,

as we know the MiG-29 & MiG-31 were studied from late 1970s,and I think by beginning of 1980s,the company put an an ambitious plan
for future designs,maybe as following, Aircraft-33,Aircraft-35,Aircraft-37,Aircraft-39 & Aircraft-41,that's a logical series ?.

MiG-33-further development of the MiG-29, probably the MiG-29M3 with RD-43 engines

setgh3678.jpg

MiG-35 - 1.44 / 1.42

Thank you my dear Paralay,

but I spoke about earlier period,1980 to 1982.

For dear Bestuzhev,it's only my speculations ?.

Back
Top Bottom