Mig Eater's art

Mig Eater

Munch, munch...
Reaction score
Website
www.dday.migeater.net
Hi, I'm newly registered here but a long time lurker ;) This place has been a wealth of information for a computer game I'm working on, it's a WW2 RTS (Real Time Strategy) game. Unlike most WW2 games tho it starts in 1930's pre-war & carries on into a hypothetical continuation of WW2 in the 1950's. As such I've added tons of paper projects & prototypes, some of which I've made 3D animations for. They are nowhere near the quality of what usually gets posted around here but this place has helped me a lot so I thought I'd share.

PS. These models are made using voxels (cubes) rather then polygons (triangles), if you're wondering why they look a bit blocky etc. :p

Boulton Paul P.100
p100_3d.gif

Vickers Type C
vickc_3d.gif

Burnelli OA-1
oa1_3d.gif

Ilyushin Il-40
il40_3d.gif

Cheranovskij BICh-26
bich26_3d.gif

Arado Ar-E.555
are555_3d.gif

Ambrosini Sagittario II
sag2_3d.gif

T58
t58_3d.gif

FV301
a46_3d.gif

AMX-50
amx50_3d.gif

Obyekt 279
279_3d.gif

E-100
e100_3d.gif

Nicely done. is this rts going to be browser based or IOS, Android, tablet?

Interesting animations. Have you considered leaving the blue part transparent so that they can be integrated into any type of page?

I'm using a modified version of an old Command & Conquer PC game called Red Alert 2, at the moment you'll need to own your own copy of Red Alert 2 & then patch it with my new files to play. Electronic Arts have been steadily releasing all their Command & Conquer games as freeware tho & Red Alert 2 is next on the list, once that happens I can bundle my files & the modified engine without any copyright problems.

The animations are auto generated by a program with the blue background, I can remove it but I'll then have to open them in another program & edit them frame by frame, which frankly I can't be assed to do every time XD

Are these based on real projects? That Cheranovskij BICh-26 interests me...

Hm, these voxels remind me of the times I tried (and failed) to modify RA2.
Hopefully your project will bear some fruit. :)