122.5 KB · Views: 155
  • WebPic27.jpg
    WebPic27.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 181
  • WebPic29.jpg
    WebPic29.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 243
then -35 went away and security came beeping and using bad language

Thanks a lot for all that great pics Flateric, you're the best!!. But please take care ;)

There were a dozen of other lucky photographers, including Tokunaga The Great. I felt rather like a schoolboy with dad's Sony H5, desperate spare for recently stolen Sony Alpha kit (which itself was not the best) among guys with lenses approaching average schoolboy height...this prevented me from any attempts to shoot the flights. Hope you enjoyed the MAKS series.

Thanks for the pics, I've definitely enjoyed them. :)

I think the MiG-35 is the best looking of all of the MiG-29 family of designs.

OK, I'm not Antonioni or Bergman...MIG-35 engines start...short video

I think you're better than those you mentioned--at least from what I've seen. Thank you so very much flateric.

Yes, everybody in spanish-language forums send thanks to you for the great pics Gregori :)

TThat's what really a great photos - from the other side of LII runway, with something 50-400-like, from the flight tower...

Indeed your coverage of the event has been wonderful.

thanks for all of the wonderful pictures.

Will Mig35 and su35BM use Russian made Helmet mounted display systems.And if these helmets Russian made,do you know will these helmets happen as advanced as western HMD systems.

Well thats the same question i have too ( somewhat)... i've read whatever i could find online about the new Mig-29 family(K/KUB, M/M2 and 35), and it seem they are designed for maximum comonality...about the wing shown on that model of the Mig-35, i've looked closely at the Indian K/KUB , and as we know they have a bigger flaps of a slighly modified shape ,yes the wing haveing now a style remotely resembling the F-15s...now , the indian K are new built while the Mig-29M2/35 demonstrator is an older airframe ...so , in a potentilally new Mig-29M2 or 35 airframe , are they going to use a wing configuration similar to that of the K , but with slighly smaller flaps , whilst keeping the revised shape?( so maby thats what that model meens?)
Another little detail are the fins , is it me or are those from the model looking like they have slightly less chord ? Its clear the fin tip is not racked , on the other hand on the new indian airframes it is ...( totally unrelated , but i think would be bad idea to "un-rack" the fin tips , spoils the legendary look of the aircraft!!! ;D)

So ...are there any news of the status of this programme? Are there any prototypes in the makeing? ( i remember i've read somewhere about actully modifying a K airframe for the definitive Mig-35 demonstrator...)

Thank you for your help!

Come back mikoyan please.

Russia received two applications for the supply of MiG-35 abroad

The Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) of Russia has received two applications from foreign partners since 2019 for export deliveries of MiG-35 fighters, said FSMTC Director Dmitry Shugaev. The MiG-35 is a state-of-the-art aviation complex created using the technologies of fifth-generation fighters.

“The MiG-35 is, indeed, the newest multifunctional vehicle equipped with the latest technology. In 2019-2020, the FSMTC of Russia received three requests from foreign customers regarding this aircraft, one of them for display and two for delivery, "Mr. Shugaev told RIA Novosti.

The MiG-35 is designed to destroy air targets, engage mobile and stationary ground and surface targets. The aircraft can use all types of guided missiles, unguided missiles and the latest guided bombs. The fighter's crew consists of one or two people. The maximum take-off weight is 24.5 tons, the maximum speed is 2.1 thousand km per hour.

The head of the military-technical cooperation service also said that within the framework of MAKS-2021, the FSMTC will hold negotiations with delegations from China, India, Myanmar and Belarus, partners from the countries of the Near and Middle East, North Africa. At the same time, he noted that it is too early to talk about specific contracts that can be signed at the air show.

Today, July 20, the MAKS-2021 International Aviation and Space Salon will open in Zhukovsky (Moscow Region). There will also be a meeting on aviation topics with the participation of Russian President Vladimir Putin. To visit the air show, you must provide a QR code or a negative PCR test for coronavirus.

The Russian aerobatic team "Strizhi" is transferred to the latest MiG-35 fighters. According to the group commander, Colonel Sergei Osyaykin, the group should receive the first fighter jet this year.

According to the colonel, "Swifts" are preparing to switch to a new aircraft, awaiting a command for rearmament. According to the group's plans, the first MiG-35 should arrive this year, but everything depends on the manufacturers. The group is expected to receive nine MiG-35s, i.e. a complete set capable of replacing the entire fleet of currently used MiG-29 fighters.

We are planning to switch to a new aircraft (...) But this no longer depends on us, but on the industry, on the conduct of state tests. Always adopting an aircraft is a long process
- quotes RIA Novosti the words of Osyaykin.

Plans to transfer the Swifts aviation group to the new MiG-35 fighter were announced back in 2017. Then the deputy commander of the Aerospace Forces - Air Force Commander Andrei Yudin said that the Ministry of Defense had made a decision to replace the MiG-29 with the MiG-35, only the end of state tests and the beginning of aircraft purchases were expected. The first deliveries of the MiG-35 were expected in 2018. The group's pilots were alerted to the planned replacement of aircraft.

Aerobatic group "Swifts" is a flight unit created to perform demonstration flights. The group was created in early May 1991 on the basis of the 234th Guards Proskurovsky Aviation Regiment. It includes the best pilots of the Kubinka airbase near Moscow. The group is currently equipped with MiG-29 fighters.

Has the MiG-35 even received it's Zhuk-AE yet? Or is it still basically a rebranded MiG-29M2?

Has the MiG-35 even received it's Zhuk-AE yet? Or is it still basically a rebranded MiG-29M2?
probably not, the only positive thing I could say about the mig-35 is it showcased new radars like the fga-35(3d) to india's airshow in 2015 and displayed the fga-50 in China's airshow in 2016. I probably wish Sukhoi LTS atleast partnered up with Zhuk than using 2009 radar modules from the original N036 as a mini version.

Still basically a MiG-29M2 (which has exported somewhat decently recently).
I'm still waiting on RD-33MKM, TVC, 5th pylon per wing....

The new vertical stabs that keep poping up are weird though.

Probably needs orders in number of hundreds to justify the changes or VKS actually wants some themselves. Either way i kinda feel MiG are in difficult position.

probably not, the only positive thing I could say about the mig-35 is it showcased new radars like the fga-35(3d) to india's airshow in 2015 and displayed the fga-50 in China's airshow in 2016. I probably wish Sukhoi LTS atleast partnered up with Zhuk than using 2009 radar modules from the original N036 as a mini version.
There was MiG-35 with AESA at MAKS-2019, Zhuk-A with 1016 modules.

MiG-35 construction @ Sokol:

3133530efb09b4ef4b5d04ff7b63c5ed.jpg

Paralay you worked at Sokol (IIRC?)- was MiG always so liberal with the pink hermetic sealant application?

Do we now know how many MiG-35s have been delivered to the Russian air force ?
IIRC, the first two were delivered in 2019.

I thought Mig was a dying design. Their latest showings at air shows were pretty sad in comparison to Sukhoi.

I must say the MiG-35 looks gorgeous in that paintwork. Is it me or that is the slightly smaller radome as well, likely indicating the AESA radar? If so it means it's been tested since at least 2022.

I’ll like to know if the painters like to do that type of camo, I figure they don’t