Metal Master FLARIS LAR-01

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Polish start-up aircraft manufacturer Flaris surprised Paris with its prototype single-engine jet LAR 01. Maiden flight is planned by the end of the year, and the manufacturer aims to bring one to Oshkosh next year.

The aircraft has already completed low-speed taxi tests and, following the show, will start high-speed ground testing, said Anthony Krol, Flaris sales manager. Flaris expects EASA and FAA Part 23 certification in late 2015. The $1.5 million, all-composite jet sports a nose-mounted ballistic parachute, wide rear-hinged pilot and copilot doors, car-like cabin, detachable wings and horizontal stabilizers, a fuselage-mounted fuel tank, and electric de-icing system.

The composite wings have aluminum spars and fuselage structural reinforcement parts. The prototype is fitted with a FADEC-controlled, 1,460-pound-thrust Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F, but Flaris is also considering the PW615, as well as engines from Williams International and Price Induction.

Target performance specifications include 820-foot takeoff distance from a grass field, 380-knot max cruise speed, 62-knot stall speed, 45,000-foot ceiling, and 1,400-nm range. Empty weight is planned to be 1,543 pounds, MTOW 3,300 pounds.

Source:

Attachments

• _dsc6522.jpg
    _dsc6522.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 108_TT_1.JPG
    108_TT_1.JPG
    556.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 108_TT_2.jpg
    108_TT_2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 108_TT_4.jpg
    108_TT_4.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 206
A little more headway is made.... http://www.compositesworld.com/news/flaris-lar-1-jet-getting-closer-to-first-flight

Metal-Master (Podgorzyn, Poland) reported on Feb. 23 that strength tests on the composites-intensive FLARIS LAR 1 plane are almost complete. Tests are being conducted at the Military University of Technology (Warsaw, Poland) laboratory in parallel with tests of the jet’s systems at the airport. These are the final ground tests. The next step is the jet’s maiden flight.
Two weeks ago, the FLARIS LAR 1 plane was transferred to Military Aviation Depot no. 2 (MAD2) in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Experts from Flaris and Metal-Master are performing further tests of the aircraft systems in the new location. They are examining automation of the powertrain, the fuel system, the hydraulic system and navigation. A team of test pilots led by pilot and engineer Henryk Szkudlarz is there too and, in collaboration with a team of MAD2 mechanical engineers, they are completing the final work, including balancing and levelling of the plane.
"We are starting production next year. After the flight tests the next stage will involve obtaining the required certification," says Rafał Ładziński, the creator of Flaris and project director.
The jet was created by Metal-Master, which manufactures technological lines and equipment for the automotive industry. The production of Flaris planes will be based on their previous experience in process automation and will implement the latest manufacturing technologies.
"I believe that in the next two or three decades the aviation industry will be taken over by international leaders in the automotive industry, whose current solutions are often way ahead of those used in aviation. We are already witnessing the birth of a new industry in Western Europe, which implements automotive technologies in the aviation industry. It is here, at the junction where science meets the leaders of the aviation and automotive industries, where new sectors are born," asserts Ładziński.
FLARIS LAR 1 is a single-engine jet with a light-weight composite structure. It belongs to a new category of small business jets, which, says Metal-Master, are ideal for those who need to travel quickly for business or leisure. It reportedly combines ease of flying with speed and range.

(I appologise for the formatting - heaven only knows whats going on with it - sorry)

Attractive aircraft - a modern day version of the Miles Student....

Thanks for the links! Mark

It seems that, for the moment, the Flaris hasn't gotten very far (still only one device built, according to Wikipedia)...

but that could change:

To the moderators: this topic could be merged with this previous one (which I had not seen when I created this one :oops: ):

It's a very beautiful plane. I hope it will have a future...

Attachments

• Flaris LAR-1.jpg
    Flaris LAR-1.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 34
It seems that, for the moment, the Flaris hasn't gotten very far (still only one device built, according to Wikipedia)...

but that could change:

To the moderators: this topic could be merged with this previous one (which I had not seen when I created this one :oops: ):

It's a very beautiful plane. I hope it will have a future...
Just read somewhere that there was a Mideast investor interested in the program. See:

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Just read somewhere that there was a Mideast investor interested in the program. See:

Enjoy the Day! Mark
Thanks a lot Mark. This completes the article that @alberchico showed us in the post that I linked ;)

Similar configuration to the successful Cirrus Vision light jet. The biggest difference is the X-tail on the Cirrus Jet.
Yes.

The Cirrus Vision is also a very interesting aircraft. With just one jet engine and more than 400 delivered (with another 200 more orders ahead), it has created a niche where it stands alone.
To see if, with a reactor of the same power, but with an empty weight halved, the smaller Flaris will be able to have a civilian market.

Similar configuration to the successful Cirrus Vision light jet. The biggest difference is the X-tail on the Cirrus Jet.
Happen to have this one fly in last Sunday when I was out at the airport.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zMG_3819.jpg
    zMG_3819.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 9
  • zMG_3832.jpg
    zMG_3832.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom