Messerschmitt Schwerer Stuka

Tophe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.kristofmeunier.fr
The Messerschmitt Schwerer Stuka has never been discussed here according to the Search tool. I discovered it in Herbert Léonard’s book (of 1997, out of print alas now), discussed in the EF82 topic:
Tophe said:
I am the happy owner of a copy of the book "Stukas!"* by Herbert Léonard, Heimdal publ. 1997... and I don't find inside the Ju EF82, even in the many unbuilt projects that are presented, and even in the "false Stukas" chapter of airplanes having dive bombing as secondary mission, despite their big weight and big wing loading. I may ask Herbert Léonard if the EF82 was still unknown in 1997 or if it was rejected for some good reason, that may be interesting for all of us.
* : http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/521885/Leonard-Herbert-Les-Stukas-Livre.html (8 times cheaper than on another site...) out of print it seems, but wonderful!
There are 20 unbuilt projects in the index, apart of the built ones, but my very favorite is this Schwerer Stuka. It seems a Me 209Z with a central nacelle and separate tails. Mr Leonard text translates as this: "Studied in a hurry in Messerscmitt offices, a ‘heavy Stuka’ used the ‘Zwilling’ principle, with a central pod for the crew and remote turrets firing backwards, and 2 fuselages ‘full of fuel’, keeping their original tails (no central tailplane to support the tail structure)."

Attachments

• r_Stuka2.JPG
    r_Stuka2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 493
I included it in 1998 in my book "Forked Ghosts" (downloadable for free at http://cmeunier.chez-alice.fr/Free_EoFG_MV.htm ), but I named it after Mr Léonard’s source, unclear, maybe it was page 28 of Extension 2 of a file, I wrote the code E2/28 that was written on the source but I do not guarantee this is the name of the project.

Attachments

• stuka ff.JPG
    stuka ff.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 480
Wonderful "paper-plane", Tophe.
Thanks for sharing this beauty.

As a twin, it would only had make sense, if an existing type would have been used.
Is there a mention, which one it could have been ? Maybe the Me 209, which Messerschmitt
was still trying to sell to the Luftwaffe, when the Me 262 already was flying ?

Yes, the lateral fuselages look like Me-209-II of 1943 (not Me-209-I of 1937). The Me-409 was already a Me-209-II Z project but lacking rear defense.