Messerschmitt-Caudron MeC-164 light liaison transport project......

Caravellarella

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French about the Messerschmitt-Caudron MeC-164 design for a light liaison transport. Construction of the prototype was abandoned in February 1942......

The article comes from the 15th August 1965 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Was that a design competing with the Siebel 204?

Stargazer2006 said:
Was that a design competing with the Siebel 204?

I wouldn't know Stéphane as I don't have any real interest in German aircraft......

Terry (Caravellarella)

....Messerschmitt started the design of the Me164 as a competitor
to the Siebel Si 204.
Production of the model was planned at the Caudron works in France hence MeC 164....

translated from:Die Deutschen Flugzeuge 1933-1945.Kens-Nowarra.Lehmanns Verlag.München.

Thanks, lads, for this gracious project and its specifications :).

The story of the French-German "collaboration" in aircraft design and building is not clear at all :It would be a great subject for a book ...

The Caudron Goéland was built in great number during the war for the Luftwaffe , and Caudron was choosed for it's successor ,the Me 308 ( later MeC 164).
By Caudron it was designated Caudron C 920 ,and a full size mockup was built.
The part of each design-buro ,Messerschmitt and Caudron is not clear : perhaps a member could help ?

The source of the 3-views of the Me 308 is the very good (a must) "Willy Messerschmitt" by Ebert ,Kaiser ,Peters .Bernard&Graefe Verlag.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 476
Hi Folks!

I read about a Messerschmitt Me 164 project. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
baja

Messerschmitt Me.164 or Messerschmitt-Caudron MeC.164

Attachments

• Messerschmitt Me-164 (MeC-164).jpg
    Messerschmitt Me-164 (MeC-164).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 553
  • Messerschmitt Me-164 (MeC-164)-.jpg
    Messerschmitt Me-164 (MeC-164)-.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 550
Thanks Maveric!
And thanks for the link redstar72. I don't read this topic before.

baja

Hi,

was that any drawing to Bf.164 long range aircraft project ?.

Those propeller spinners remind us of the semi-automatic constant-speed propellers installed on post-war Zlins with Walter inline engines.

Back
Top Bottom