Max Holste S.25 and MH.30 wartime projects

c460

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi,

The Max Holste S.25 was a light aircraft designed ca. 1943. It was planned as an experimental aircraft, made entirely of magnesium.
Major parts were built but it never flew and was destroyed in an aerial bombing in the Max Holste factory in 1944.

The MH.30 was an economical aircraft designed at the same time with postwar production in mind. It was planned with an AVA four-cylinder engine, whose license was acquired by Max Holste.

Small-res scans from Les avions Max Holste by Delarue, and cover from Luchtvaart in beeld Apr. 1944.
(The drawing of the S.25 by Lucien Cave appears in an original brochure for the MH.30, with the misleading caption "Holste 30".)

Adrien

Attachments

• S.25_plan_TU-MHs.jpg
    S.25_plan_TU-MHs.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 204
  • S.25_TU-MH_p19s.jpg
    S.25_TU-MH_p19s.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 196
  • S.25_luchtvaart_in_beeld.jpg
    S.25_luchtvaart_in_beeld.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 189
  • S.25_false_MH.30_TU-MH_p21s.jpg
    S.25_false_MH.30_TU-MH_p21s.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 178
  • MH.30_plan_TU-MHs.jpg
    MH.30_plan_TU-MHs.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for putting me right, I had the same drawing on my harddisk ...
captioned as MH.30 !

Yes this is weird.
The book by Delarue shows a reproduction of this original advertisement for the MH.30.
The drawing looks like the S.25 except for the triangular window behind the cockpit. Notably the engine cowling would not fit the AVA engine, which has four horizontally opposed cylinders. And the MH.30 drawing shown in the book is very different.
Adrien

Attachments

• MH.30_brochure_with_S.25_drawing_TU-MH_p24s.jpg
    MH.30_brochure_with_S.25_drawing_TU-MH_p24s.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 65
  • MH.30_brochure_with_S.25_drawing_TU-MH_p23s.jpg
    MH.30_brochure_with_S.25_drawing_TU-MH_p23s.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 58
From Icare 242.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.png
    2.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 41
From L'Auto; here is a Holste S-30 & S-40 Projects;

Max Holste prepares light passenger aircraft
post war.

(From our 1r * page article) "I told you," continues Max Holste, that the S-25 will be unique in As long as a single-seater. The derivative series will in fact be made of wood.

On the other Dart, I have another toutist in the study: the S-40 which is a two-seater on which will apply it solutions that gave me satisfaction on the S-25.

Finally, I had my “Deutsch Cup” reviewed (it is there, glistening with all its dural). We have redone some parts of the revetment, to improve it. fairing of the wheels, I really hope that he, too, after the war, Will call Me that: ques records.
But. in the 8 liter category ... "

EVERYTHING TO START AGAIN

Fine projects, justified hopes,Max Hoiste could look to the future with optimism.

Alas! two bombs are fallen from his jump factory, the S-30 and the glider were sprayed, The "Deutsch Cup" very damaged
and all the drawings, all the classes, all the calculation files burned.

Others would have given in to despair, Hols'e, he courageously resumed the task. He found a new room and already his office of studies reconstitutes the drawings of the S-30, already Holste is studying a plane of race derived from the “Deutsch Cup to who, furthermore, will surely achieve great performances in making known in the world the name of its manufacturer.

A fine example of courage and de persevering, isn't it?

Attachments

• L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4643915t_2.jpeg
    L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4643915t_2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
From L'Auto,

all Info about S-25.

Attachments

• L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4643915t_1.jpeg
    L'Auto-vélo___automobilisme_cyclisme_athlétisme_[...]_bpt6k4643915t_1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Back