wing loading 215 SQ.FT.
SL. cruise (basic mission) .9 M.
High speed .95 M.
Load factor 5

Attachments

• MX-2092.jpg
    MX-2092.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 813
Re. the illustration that Skybolt got from Stan Piet and that hesham has tentatively identified as the Martin Model-350. Are we looking at another turbojet (Wright J67?)/ramjet design here? Or (less likely IMHO) one with a turbojet/rocket combined cycle?

Did the rigid-towed cruise-missile have a drop-away ground dolly like the U2's wings ??

Also, aborting a mission would make for a tricky landing with that appendage...

Uh, would it have had a wire brace from main aircraft's tail-plane to the missile's body to off-load bending moment ??

I noticed some other interesting references in this document, as well. On page 89, there is a table that lists two rocket/missile projects, "Big Richard," and "G-2". The source document for these references (on p. 91) connects them with the Bell Shrike/Rascal effort. Anybody know anything more about them?

Clioman said:
I noticed some other interesting references in this document, as well. On page 89, there is a table that lists two rocket/missile projects, "Big Richard," and "G-2". The source document for these references (on p. 91) connects them with the Bell Shrike/Rascal effort. Anybody know anything more about them?

I wonder if the "Big Richard" could have anything to do with the "Little John"...

Here's my wretched contribution: my best version of the already-known MX-2092 artwork (an indifferent photo taken of a bad photocopy of a cheaply printed report), and a provisional reconstruction of the MX-2092 based on the 3-view drawing posted earlier merged with some details from the other sketch. Shown to scale with the Douglas MX-2091. I'm particualrly dubvious of the canopy frames in the MX-2092 (the 2091 is quite accurate, on the other hand).

Attachments

• MX-2092.gif
    MX-2092.gif
    85.9 KB · Views: 407
  • MX-2091 MX-2092-Model.gif
    MX-2091 MX-2092-Model.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 453