Panzerhaubitze 2000 Developments

"We have replenishment!...The German Panzerhaubitze 2000 with trained Ukrainian crews joined the Ukrainian artillery family," Ukraine's Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said on social media.
The Panzerhaubitze 2000 is one of the most powerful artillery weapons in Bundeswehr inventories and can hit targets at a distance of 40 km (25 miles).

This apparently would be a future sale of new builds, as Germany only has ~100 PZH2000 total at the moment.

EDIT: I'm off by a bit; per wiki its 108 in active service with maybe a couple dozen in reserve.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a AA / CRAM concept using course corrected, proximity fused / induction set timed fused projectiles?

Wasn't there a AA / CRAM concept using course corrected, proximity fused / induction set timed fused projectiles?
Wasn't there an IIR version of the Volcano round that could engage helicopters?

I made a post about the KMW Smart Camp Defence concept in the AGM thread here
But it would also have fit into this thread because it was supposed to work both with the AGM and the PzH2000.
However it used neither course correction nor proximity fuses, but instead just a standard HE grenade and a timed fuse modified to accept remote-timing-updates / remote-detonation. This meant that it only worked against non-maneuvering targets.
I still think its a fascinating concept with applications far beyond just camp defense: Imagine a self-propelled howitzer defending itself from counter-battery fire, or more realistically, being defended by other guns of the same battery while the targeted gun moves.