Long Range Precision Fires

bring_it_on

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Yes they can look at a few of those but right now, under the "strategic fires" the Army is prioritizing just one rapid prototyping and operational program in the LRHW. That will transition to a PoR around 2023. Beyond that, I'm not sure there is room in the budget to field the other beyond maturing tech and having a more longer term view on fielding the long SLRC. Operational and tactical fires are getting more funding as there are huge gaps there due to INF so that will keep the Army busy for a while assuming there's even room there to fully buy those programs (with the upcoming budget wars)..

jsport

what do you know about surfing Major? you're from-
Reaction score
Yes they can look at a few of those but right now, under the "strategic fires" the Army is prioritizing just one rapid prototyping and operational program in the LRHW. That will transition to a PoR around 2023. Beyond that, I'm not sure there is room in the budget to field the other beyond maturing tech and having a more longer term view on fielding the long SLRC. Operational and tactical fires are getting more funding as there are huge gaps there due to INF so that will keep the Army busy for a while assuming there's even room there to fully buy those programs (with the upcoming budget wars)..
Thanks for the update. Didnt want be a fan of PrSm but its a semi-savior. Maybe.

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Nothing at all suspicious about that. "Lost telemetry at 499.2 km". Sure.

seruriermarshal

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score

jsport

Reaction score

sferrin

Reaction score
Yes , because they need it reach 499km :

a Lockheed Martin executive in October described the test as a max-range test, suggesting 499km was the goal
Missing the point. They could have just admitted they got telemetry up to impact and said the maximum range was classified (even though, undoubtedly, both China and Russia already know how far it flew). But no. They decide to lie instead. They weren't even trying to hide the fact they were lying. They could have said 467km or 502km. Nope, 499.2 and then they "lost telemetry". Sure.

seruriermarshal

Reaction score
Can you access the link ? I can't access the article .

Army long-range precision fires to mix artillery and artificial intelligence (AI) for weapons coordination
Nov. 10, 2021
The Precision Strike Missile (PrSM) will provide the Army with a new operational capability at ranges as long as to 310 miles and perhaps beyond.

jsport

Reaction score

Army long-range precision fires to mix artillery and artificial intelligence (AI) for weapons coordination
Nov. 10, 2021
The Precision Strike Missile (PrSM) will provide the Army with a new operational capability at ranges as long as to 310 miles and perhaps beyond.

seruriermarshal

Reaction score

Nov. 10, 2021

Thank you !

bobbymike

Reaction score

Forest Green

Reaction score
Is this different to the missile project that has a 1500nmi range?

Last edited: