sr-71 6.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 227
  • sr-71 8.jpg
    sr-71 8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 204
  • sr-71 9.jpg
    sr-71 9.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 185
I think he wants a book in exchange sadly. Very transactional.
Well, that works too. If this and the B-47/52 book do well, I have ideas about further similar volumes.

Of course, if someone wants to just give me a million bucks, I won't turn my nose up at that either...

I wonder if we can hope, one day, a book about US Nuclear Bombs with diagrams and profiles one day !

It's a little bit disappointing that this book is a softcover and the B-47/B-52 book is a hardcover, since I think of them as companion volumes. If they're exactly the same overall size it probably won't matter, since I'll be able to put them side-by-side on my bookshelf. To save on shipping charges, I'll probably wait to buy both of them when they go on sale in the U. S.

I wonder if we can hope, one day, a book about US Nuclear Bombs with diagrams and profiles one day !
Get you a few thousand folks who believe as you do to petition Mortons to pick up ANED and complete it. When I released ANED01, the response was... lackluster. I presume that was due to my lack of skills in marketing.

Get you a few thousand folks who believe as you do to petition Mortons to pick up ANED and complete it. When I released ANED01, the response was... lackluster. I presume that was due to my lack of skills in marketing.
I have your American Nuclear Explosive Devices part 1, but on the ANED link on your Website I have seen some drawings of Mk-17 and Mk-5. Are these drawings for a possible follow-on Part 2 (available from your site) on ANED ?

Last edited:
I have your American Nuclear Explosive Devices part 1, but on the ANED link on your Website I have seen some drawings of Mk-17 and Mk-5. Are these drawings for a possible follow-on Part 2 (available from your site) on ANED ?
The plan was to do *all* US nuclear devices. Or at least all the declassified ones. Having some difficulty tracking down good references for that twenty gigaton device currently in L-4.

The plan was to do *all* US nuclear devices. Or at least all the declassified ones. Having some difficulty tracking down good references for that twenty gigaton device currently in L-4.
They had really a 20 GT device in mind ? I wonder how it looks like ? Is it the very large device (similar to the Tsar Bomba) pictured on your blog and protruding from a B-52 bomb bay ? I've seen in the Documentary "Secrets of War" (narrated by Charlton Heston), a Soviet Doomsday device installed inside a ship ! Or is it pure fantasy ?

Mortons has posted a "sampler" version:

Mortons has posted a "sampler" version:

Probably 20 times more informative than this Goodall abomination I just bought. :mad:

Just received my copy. WAAAAAAAAAAY beyond my usual reading (I try to focus on UK pre-jet, but mission creep always sets in) but with Scott as the author and the ridiculous give-way price how could I say no. Excellent illustrations, comprehensive list of source and references. Lets hope Morton have many more books in their list of future publications.

Just received my copy. WAAAAAAAAAAY beyond my usual reading (I try to focus on UK pre-jet, but mission creep always sets in) but with Scott as the author and the ridiculous give-way price how could I say no. Excellent illustrations, comprehensive list of source and references. Lets hope Morton have many more books in their list of future publications.
Did you get Scott's book already? :confused:

Oh yes, pre-order copy arrived in the post this morning

Huh. I guess, where I'm in the US, it might take a while.

Oh yes, pre-order copy arrived in the post this morning
Same :)

Just got mine. Bookazine format seems a bit flimsy for something this fantastic. Amazing illustrations on every page. Will have to buy another in case I wear it out :) Great job Scott!

Oh I need this. This'll be the first thing I order when my address changes tomorrow. Looks ridiculously well done from what I've seen so far.

Got the book? Get the t-shirt!

Don't have the book? Get a book and t-shirt bundle!

Small:

Medium:

Large:

X Large:

XX Large:

And the SuperDooper Bookazine Bundle comes with a free cat from the shelter, handpicked by Scott!*

*Offer void where prohibited. Halflife of your furniture not guaranteed. Cats may be closer than they appear. Clawmarks may or may not heal. Hairballs are a feature. Member FDIC. Your mileage may vary.

Looks ridiculously well done from what I've seen so far.
I haven't seen the physical product, but I have of course seen the digital proof. I won't comment on the quality of the writing or the CAD diagrams (since, being the creator, I can't be relied upon to be truly objective regarding just how great they are and how you'd have to be a dirty Commie to not appreciate the level of effort that went into this), I do know that the folks who did the layout did a pretty spiffy job. Graphic design simply isn't my area; my stuff tends to look kinda sterile I suppose. But someone who knows what they're doing with respect to fonts and such can make things come to life a bit more.

Last edited:
And the SuperDooper Bookazine Bundle comes with a free cat from the shelter, handpicked by Scott!*
Note: cat is in a superposition state of existence, nonexistence, and hating you. So if you don't see the cat when your bundle arrives, there's a one-third chance that it's your fault.

And with the way things have been going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that pirates have started to routinely operate in the North Atlantic again!

Hi folks,
I ordered this bookazine at Mortons Media Group's webshop on June 7th and it arrived two weeks last Wednesday later here in Germany. It only cost me 15,74€ incl. shipping costs. Unfortunately it was delivered in a light paper envelope, so it was squashed into my letterbox. That means I will order OBB's next book about the Boeing B-47 Stratojet at Amazon or via my local book store.

Here a quick review without any spoilers:
This bookazine is great. No fancy CGIs, but a lot of high quality three-view drawings.
I am still quite surprised, that this bookazine is not only about the Lockheed A-12/SR-71 Blackbird but also about its competitors.
IMHO, this bookazine is a must-buy for all of our members.

... so it was squashed into my letterbox. That means I will order OBB's next book about the Boeing B-47 Stratojet at Amazon or via my local book store.

*THAT* book will be hardbound, so your postal people will have to work extra hard to fold it into your mailbox.

I am still quite surprised, that this bookazine is not only about the Lockheed A-12/SR-71 Blackbird but also about its competitors.

I tried to be complete. Even so, two chapters were left on the cutting room floor due to space limitations. But you can't tell the story of the Blackbird without going into some of the designs that went up against it.

PS: B-47/52 book current has about 240 distinct diagrams.