• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Lockheed Martin F-35: News ONLY topic

seruriermarshal

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
First British F-35Bs (17 Squadron) land onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth – Westlant 19 deployment

Attachments

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Lockheed, Pentagon Poised to Announce $34 Billion F-35 Deal
  • Order for 478 U.S., allied fighters would be biggest yet
  • The announcement is expected after U.S. financial markets close on Monday or early Tuesday, said the people, who weren’t authorized to speak publicly.
    Here - Bloomberg

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Also:

Belgium advances €3,8 Billion F-35 fighter jet contract

A collaboration agreement was signed last week between Lockheed Martin (LM) and Belgian businesses as part of the Belgian government’s €3,8 contract, linked to the purchase of 34 F-35 fighter jets.

Eight Belgian companies signed the agreement: Asco Industries, Coexpair, Feronyl, Sabca, Safran Aero Boosters, Sonaca, Thales Belgium et Solvay.

“This agreement aims to promote research and innovation in Belgium in the field of advanced composite materials for the aerospace industry,“ said Ilham Kadri, CEO of Solvay.

The agreement was signed as part of the so-called Belgian ‘ESI measures’ (essential security interests) related to the Belgian contract for the F-35 program.

Last edited:

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Lockheed Martin's F-35 fighter program gets $34 billion Pentagon contract, its biggest yet
Amanda Macias | @amanda_m_macias
Published 3 Hours Ago Updated 48 Mins Ago
CNBC.com
The Pentagon announced a $34 billion F-35 contract with Lockheed Martin, the largest contract yet for the defense company's costly fighter program.
The deal is for the delivery of 478 of the aircraft.
The Pentagon touted reduced costs in its announcement Tuesday.

SpudmanWP

Reaction score
The 2020 RCPFH numbers have posted and I have added them to my tracking chart below. Long story short, 4th gen continues to rise (along with the F-22) and the F-35s continue to get lower.

One nice thing is that they did not "phone it in" like they seemed to have done last year where most entries just increased a little (inflation rate?).

One odd thing I found was that the F-35B/C dropped A LOT. The C is now even with the F-18E and the B is cheaper than the A. This has to be due to a unique way that the USN tracks RCPFH.

Source Link https://comptroller.defense.gov/Financial-Management/Reports/rates2020/

fUDMjpE.png

If you are wondering "what the heck is the R in RCPFH?", that means "Reimbursable". In other words, if another service, agency, nation, etc needs a US aircraft to do something, this is the hourly fee (plus weapons) that we normally charge. Here is the breakdown of CPFH into its sub-sections. RCPFH is the innermost brown square. I use this data because complete CPFH annual numbers are not available and even when publicized, are not on an apples-to-apples comparison.

j3Wsxrh.png

NUSNA_Moebius

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Makes the addition of ski-jumps more relevant. Still wondering why LHDs and LHAs don't have them.

kitnut617

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before, USMC F-35B on the HMS Queen Elizabeth, I think this is quite recent. Not sure who to credit though ---

Attachments

TomS

Reaction score
Makes the addition of ski-jumps more relevant. Still wondering why LHDs and LHAs don't have them.
Because the ramp would eliminate a couple of helo spots, which reduces the number of helos the ship could launch in a single wave. Since airmobile assault is still the primary mission, a ramp would reduce their primary mission capability.

Last edited:

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Norway has declared initial operating capability (IOC) status for its Lockheed Martin F-35As, with the milestone having been reached on 6 November.

The achievement followed a deployment to Rygge air station to check that the aircraft could be successfully operated away from its home base of Orland.