Lesher Teal & Nomad experimental light aircraft prototypes......

Caravellarella

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French about the Lesher Teal experimental light aircraft and its design predecessor, the Lesher Nomad. They remind me a little of the Learfan 2100 in layout......

The article comes from the 15th March 1966 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• Lesher Teal prototype - Aviation Magazine International - Numéro 439 - 15 Mars 1966.......jpg
    Lesher Teal prototype - Aviation Magazine International - Numéro 439 - 15 Mars 1966.......jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Lesher Nomad prototype - Aviation Magazine International - Numéro 439 - 15 Mars 1966.......jpg
    Lesher Nomad prototype - Aviation Magazine International - Numéro 439 - 15 Mars 1966.......jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 107
Hi Caravelarrella
From an old "Aviation Magazine"

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 107
Wow! I don't think I have ever seen such spindly landing gear on an airplane. It doesn't look like the gear would take any sort of rough landing/handling.

fishjay

fishjay said:
Wow! I don't think I have ever seen such spindly landing gear on an airplane. It doesn't look like the gear would take any sort of rough landing/handling.

fishjay

Maybe Professor Lesher was a very light man ;D

Terry (Caravellarella)

Professor Ed Lesher designed Nomad and Teal and built them in the shop at the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Michigan. Ed taught in the Department of Aerospace Engineering from 1942 to 1985. When I was there, he taught Introduction to Aeronautics, Flight Testing and Airplane Design. I took all three classes as an undergraduate and was a teaching assistant for him in the design class when I was a graduate student.

Flying Teal he at one point Ed held seven Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) class is C-l.a records for speed and distance. After Ed's passing in 1998, Teal was donated to the EAA Airventure Museum. Nomad is on display in the Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Building of the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom