Le Bourget - news and some interesting things

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
some spacehardware picture from Le Bourget 2009

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/lebourget2009/index.htm

The funny was this one: "Cockpit study of the crewed re-entry vehicle". It was not an actual spaceship or any concrete project, just a nice model that was saying: Hey, we also are able to build a manned spaceship so why dont you allocate to us some money? I was talking with the stuff around and they said, that if the enough money is available, the new manned european spaceship can fly in less than 5 years. But even they were sure, that there is no chance for enough money.

Attachments

• pavilony08.jpg
    pavilony08.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 33
Agusta-Westland AW-149 TUHP

Attachments

• AW-149-4.jpg
    AW-149-4.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 18
  • AW-149-3.jpg
    AW-149-3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 17
  • AW-149-2.jpg
    AW-149-2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AW-149-1.jpg
    AW-149-1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 29
Inside the chinese cockpit (AVIC made).

Attachments

• AVIC01.jpg
    AVIC01.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
  • AVIC02.jpg
    AVIC02.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • AVIC03.jpg
    AVIC03.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi Matej! How about Sukhoi Superjet 100 and Mitsubishi MRJ?

RATTLRS model? X-47B?

blackkite said:
Hi Mate! How about Sukhoi Superjet 100?

Till Thursday (?) it was on static display and than moved away, only appeared during the flight display.

blackkite said:
...and Mitsubishi MRJ?

Don't know.

flateric said:
RATTLRS model?

Saw only a very small one, a few centimeters in length in U.S. Navy development center or something like this.

flateric said:

Not at all. Probably it was in a private Northrop hall, but it means VIP only.

Attachments

• Superjet100-5.jpg
    Superjet100-5.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Superjet100-4.jpg
    Superjet100-4.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Superjet100-3.jpg
    Superjet100-3.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Superjet100-2.jpg
    Superjet100-2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Superjet100-1.jpg
    Superjet100-1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 13
BTW the flight display was one of the most disappointing things this year and I don't mean only the weather...

Attachments

• RainRainRain.jpg
    RainRainRain.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 60
Wonderful pictures! It appears that Mil remains somewhat optimistic at markets for rotorcraft.

Many thanks Matej! Sukhoi Superjet 100 is very good. It's Mitsubishi MRJ's strong competitor. :eek:

Thanks, Matej! Weather looks exactly as it was at damn MAKS 2003.
I feel you slightly disappointed?

BTW, how much did it cost to go to Bourget in total - average?

flateric said:
Thanks, Matej! Weather looks exactly as it was at damn MAKS 2003.
I feel you slightly disappointed?

Well, yes, I am. The weather was not very good, because it started to rain exactly during the air display. But this is God´s will. I am disappointed much from the things, that the man can affect and the didnt. I know that it is aero"salon" not "show", however the air display was short and except a few good points (excellent Rafale display, A-380, M-346, Superjet100) very poor. A lot of old planes, probably because of the 100th anniversary and not any real heartbreak. I must still compare it to our small regional show National (Slovak) Air Days 2009, that I visited a three days before the Le Bourget and I saw there 2 x MiG-29 in dogfight, Eurofighter Typhoon, JAS-39 Gripen, F-16, acrobatic teams Krila Oluje and Orlik, 2 x Aero L-159 Alca in simulated attack to the airfield threatened with the freshly deployed S-300PMU, terrorists supressed by 2 x Mi-24 attack, E-3 Sentry, Catalina, Extra 300S with excellent Zoltán Veres.... And I named probably only the half of the air display that took place from 11:00 am to nearly 17:00 pm - see the attached photos. So from that point of view I enjoyed it much more than the world famous international aerosalon.

Also for some reasons in Le Bourget they cancelled the display line that was drawn on the map and propagation materials, so there left only a very small place, from where it was possible to see a few dozens of meters of the runway. Otherwise you were forced to watch the air display through the two lines of halls and buildings. No chance of take-off and landing photos. :-\ The worst point - during the Thursday they announced the flight display, so the hundred quadrilions of people moved to that small place. After 20 minutes, the whistle of the french police (I became very alergic on that)! I turned back and they towed through the whole crowd of the people Super Constellation! Sardine effect on the run! For at least dozen of minutes I stepped only on the one leg and till now I am not sure, if it be even mine!!!

flateric said:
BTW, how much did it cost to go to Bourget in total - average?

About 450 - 500 Eur, three days directly in Paris. Included 2000 km travel there and back, hotel, food, entrance and visit of the museum in Le Bourget and german Sinsheim.

Attachments

• NLD09-05.jpg
    NLD09-05.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 10
  • NLD09-04.jpg
    NLD09-04.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 22
  • NLD09-03.jpg
    NLD09-03.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 15
  • NLD09-02.jpg
    NLD09-02.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 35
  • NLD09-01.jpg
    NLD09-01.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 32
  • statika17.jpg
    statika17.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 13
This was the first Paris Air Show I failed to attend in 10 years but it seems like the display was far from thrilling for a 100th anniversary... :(

thanks for report on Le Bourget

and enjoy Sinsheim, is a great Museum

I know it is, I was already there. Now I am overloaded with the material, but I am preparing the special comparasion of the Concorde and Tu-144 details. I did a lot of photos and I plan to do a Hitechweb special, where will be the photo of some aircraft part from each plane, so everyone can easily compare it. However despite the great amount of effort, I was not able to find any Concorde equivalent to this... :D

Attachments

• Tu-144.jpg
    Tu-144.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 38
:eek: WOW!!! I wouldn't even DARE to open this one if I had it! ;)