Lado-Borkowsky « Helicoplan »

Tophe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.kristofmeunier.fr
In the Trait d'Union #217 (Sept-Oct 2004) : "Jean M. Lado-Borkowsky presented in 1936 a new concept: the Helicoplan, to decrease the take-off/landing speeds, or at unchanged speed to increase take-off maximum weight. It uses 2 lifting propellers (rotors?) under the wing at a distance, while the wing stays the main lifting device, during normal flight only the wing is used. The inventor demonstrated that the lifting propellers should be aft of the wing."
On the picture: I is 4-engine flyingboat total 2,800hp. II is 2-engine twin-fuselage plane total 700hp. III is 2-engine twin-boom total 500hp. All of them are monoplanes, II & III seem to have horizontal pylons for the solidity.

Attachments

• r_tu217a.JPG
    r_tu217a.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 158
Breathtaking indeed, Tophe, thank you so much for all the recent contributions!

index.php
In the Trait d'Union #217 (Sept-Oct 2004) : "Jean M. Lado-Borkowsky presented in 1936 a new concept

This design owes A LOT to Sikorsky's S-36/-38/-41 series... Do these pics depict the "Helicoplan" or was it a whole different thing altogether?

Stargazer2006 said:
This design owes A LOT to Sikorsky's S-36/-38/-41 series... Do these pics depict the "Helicoplan" or was it a whole different thing altogether?
I will check, Stéphane. I may send you scans of the (French) text, if you are more expert than me on this subject that I don't know much.

And from l'Aeronautique 1936.

Attachments

• Lado-Borkowsky.png
    Lado-Borkowsky.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 123
Hi,

I forget this thread,so I change the other one.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 75