Kelly's Great Photos

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
9,274
Reaction score
1,788
Vice-President of Lockheed, Clarance L. Johnson explaining photos of a destroyed U-2 plane, after an espionage incident in Russia.
Location: US
Date taken: 1960
Photographer: J. R. Eyerman

© Time Inc.
 

Attachments

  • a1a557f49e701d8c_large.jpg
    a1a557f49e701d8c_large.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 37e94dc0f92259a9_large.jpg
    37e94dc0f92259a9_large.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 33
  • 1fa53709f44debe6_large.jpg
    1fa53709f44debe6_large.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 32

LowObservable

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
248
Or as Ben Rich described him, "like WC Fields, without the humor".
 

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
9,274
Reaction score
1,788
there are more there
great man, great mimics
 

fightingirish

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
2,546
Reaction score
1,234
Start watching the TV series "Mad Men" just this week...
These pictures from the 60's, posted here and on other threads are getting so colourfull and fresh in my mind.
As Orionblamblam might say:
"I want my country back!" ;) ;D

Oh, on radio they are now playing "Hurt" from Johnny Cash.

Timeless... this forum.
 

Stargazer2006

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
13,221
Reaction score
820
fightingirish said:
As Orionblamblam might say:
"I want my country back!" ;) ;D

Isn't this a political statement of some kind? This might fuel the moderators' ire...
 

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
8,804
Reaction score
3,199
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Stargazer2006 said:
fightingirish said:
As Orionblamblam might say:
"I want my country back!" ;) ;D

Isn't this a political statement of some kind?

Perhaps more of a cultural one. An era when Doughy Guys ruled the world, driving two-ton steel fuel hogs at half the speed of sound, chain smoking a pound and a half of Camels a day, buzz cuts, business suits to fly coach, pounding a gallon and a half of booze a night, hot and cold running floozies, and a certainty that the future was only going to get brighter, faster and higher.
 

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
14,614
Reaction score
3,537
Orionblamblam said:
Stargazer2006 said:
fightingirish said:
As Orionblamblam might say:
"I want my country back!" ;) ;D

Isn't this a political statement of some kind?

Perhaps more of a cultural one. An era when Doughy Guys ruled the world, driving two-ton steel fuel hogs at half the speed of sound, chain smoking a pound and a half of Camels a day, buzz cuts, business suits to fly coach, pounding a gallon and a half of booze a night, hot and cold running floozies, and a certainty that the future was only going to get brighter, faster and higher.

*sighs* :'(
 

Similar threads

Top