9bf5f530-e130-4f4a-a87e-f04f042ace02.Large.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 264
  • TR53_Three_View.gif
    TR53_Three_View.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 231
  • AeroTrain.jpg
    AeroTrain.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 218
I can see how Karem could claim to be using differential prop for yaw control...not sure how he would address pitch with the tiny tail though....

I had never seen their website. It's singularly devoid of technical information :(

Karem seem to be everywhere at the moment, but we still need to see anything from them that actually takes to the air. Aviation history is full of startup companies that promised a lot and never delivered. So I really look at their proposals with a lot of wariness...

Stargazer2006 said:
Karem seem to be everywhere at the moment, but we still need to see anything from them that actually takes to the air. Aviation history is full of startup companies that promised a lot and never delivered. So I really look at their proposals with a lot of wariness...

Actually Abe Karem was behind the predessors to the Predator UAS and developed A-160 UAS. If the contractor gets no interest from the government to fund development where do the funds come from? Look what happend to Jay Carter. Years of investing his own funds and flying demonstrators. Look at Piasecki too. If the government is not willing to provide any support that will allow small companies to find investors they will never get anywhere and you are stuck with the whims of the larger production companies who are as risk adverse as the government.

My opinion

yasotay said:
Stargazer2006 said:

Actually Abe Karem was behind the predessors to the Predator UAS and developed A-160 UAS. If the contractor gets no interest from the government to fund development where do the funds come from? Look what happend to Jay Carter. Years of investing his own funds and flying demonstrators. Look at Piasecki too. If the government is not willing to provide any support that will allow small companies to find investors they will never get anywhere and you are stuck with the whims of the larger production companies who are as risk adverse as the government.

My opinion

Don't forget, it's in the major aerospace corporations best interest to prevent such companies from getting funding as well and they let their reps know it.

AeroFranz said:
I can see how Karem could claim to be using differential prop for yaw control...not sure how he would address pitch with the tiny tail though....

Cyclic blade control?

I suppose the easiest solution would be to swivel the nacelles to point the thrust vector though, the mechanism is there anyway.

I think that the thrust vector passes very close to the longitudinal location of the cg, giving very limited moment arm. I'm still puzzled...

Yes, that's a point :-\ Looks like cyclic would be more appropriate for pitch control after all, despite the added complexity (and associated failure modes).

Artist's impressions of Karem TR53 AeroTrain.

Source:
http://www.karemaircraft.com/aerotrain.html

Attachments

• AeroTrain_JustCruise.png
    AeroTrain_JustCruise.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 166
  • aerobig.jpg
    aerobig.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 157