Japanese unknown

First photo, that's Type 92 heavy armored car (de facto tankette) of later production serie. Parade photo, not 100% sure but IMO those are Type 97 Te-Ke tankettes.

Hi.

Pic 1 is indeed a late production Type 92 Heavily Armoured Car with a Type 92 13,2 mm MG in the bow

jap%20typ%2092%20light%20late.jpg

Pic 2 should be the Type 95 Armoured Railroad Car So-Ki Prototype but I will see if I can confirm it.

Pic 3 is hard to identify but it could be the amphibious tank SR-III prototype. This is a quite mysterious vehicle regarding sources but the wreak of the prototype can be seen at Rabaul.

Pic 4 is the final amphibious tank SR-I prototype

jap%20exp%20amphibienpanzer%20sr%20version%201%20vierseiten%20skizze.jpg

Pic 5 is the final amphibious tank SR-II prototype

jap%20SR2%20amphibenfahrzeug%202.jpg

jap%20SR2%20amphibenfahrzeug%204.jpg

Pic 6 might be one of the amphibious tank prototypes based on the Type 92 Heavily Armored Vehicle or anintermediate version between SR-I and SR-II. I will try to find out more.

Pic 7 is an Ishikawajima built amphibious version of the Type 92 Heavily armored Vehicle.

Pic 8 shows afaik a 1938 parade in China leaded by a company of Type 97 Tankettes Te-Ke and followed by a row of amphibious tanks. From the left: a Vickers Amphibious Tank captured from chinese forces in late 1937, the SR-II prototype and the same a little mysterious vehicle as in pic 6.

Yours

tom! ;)

That can be indeed A4E12, not sure if Japan had one or it was captured from Chinese.

The second vehicle on left, that's SR-II Ro-Go (also on your photo number 5)

But that left one is problematic, it is IMO the same mysterious vehicle from photo number 6.

Photo number 3. Sumida Amphibious Armored Car
Photo number 4. SR-I I-Go

After some digging, Type 92 AI-GO amphibious prototype with late type suspension.

Hi.

OK, here are the results of my japanese military experts:

Pic 2 is indeed the Typ 95 Armoured Railway Car So-Ki prototype

Pic 3 was identified as early SR-II prototype

Pic 7 was identified as early SR-III prototype.

There is no "Type 92 amphibious tank" as all amphibios tank versions remains prototypes only and did not receive Type designations.

By the way, SR is short for "Suiriku-Ryoyo" = "amphibious"

Yours

tom! ;)

Hi.

OK, here are the results of my japanese military experts:

Pic 2 is indeed the Typ 95 Armoured Railway Car So-Ki prototype

Pic 3 was identified as early SR-II prototype

Pic 7 was identified as early SR-III prototype.

There is no "Type 92 amphibious tank" as all amphibios tank versions remains prototypes only and did not receive Type designations.

By the way, SR is short for "Suiriku-Ryoyo" = "amphibious"

Yours

tom! ;)
Thanks

I will try to ask Tanks Encyclopedia's experts about some photos.Also found closer photo of Vickers Amphibious in Japan
1675513_original-01.jpeg

Hi.

There is a pic of this tank during a japanese river crossing exercise ich China 1938:
jap%20vickers%20amphibienpanzer.jpg

and two pics from Rabaul during the Pacific War:

jap%20vickers%20amphibienpanzer%202.jpg

There is a second tank of the same model on the left

jap%20vickers%20amphibienpanzer%20details%20heck.jpg

Sorry, for the small size, wartime standard.

Yours

tom! ;)

Hi.

Same pic without writing:

jap%20SR2%20amphibenfahrzeug%205.jpg

It shows the experimental amphibious halftrack AMP on the left and the SR-II on the right

jap%20amp%20amphibischer%20panzerwagen.jpg

The AMP early prototype on land (the bow was remodelled to a better boat shape after the first trials)...

jap%20amp%20amphibischer%20panzerwagen%20im%20wasser.jpg

and in the water.

Yours

tom! ;)

597225_original.jpg
Found this.Looks like Chi-He or Shinhoto Chi-Ha but in the source it named Ke-Ho.Mistake?

Yeah, mistake. I know that photo but it was described as "movie prop" that pretend to be Ke-Ho. No idea from what movie or if it even was prop for real.

Hi.

Almost no infos about The Type 5 Light tank Ke-Ho survived the war.

It seems that there were two proposals similar to the following drawings:

jap%20typ%205%20ke-ho%20version%201%20.jpg

jap%20typ%205%20ke-ho%20version%202.jpg

Later a short 47 mm tank gun was developed and there should have been a smaller turret under development

jap%20exp%20short%2047%20mm%20tank%20gun%20links.jpg

jap%20exp%20short%2047%20mm%20tank%20gun%20oben.jpg

Yours

tom! ;)

I found a tweet where this pic seems to have originated. My translation is rough, but I think it's a prop from a Japanese movie about the February 26, 1936 Army coup attempt. So it might not be a real period tank, just an approximation with features from various real vehicles from the era.

Translation via Google...
RT @kurara_806 : I do not dislike the mysterious tanks used by the 226 suppression forces, or rather like them, but why did you mix the various vehicle features again? I think I could do it if I wanted to imitate it

Various Japanese tanks.

Yeah, mistake. I know that photo but it was described as "movie prop" that pretend to be Ke-Ho. No idea from what movie or if it even was prop for real.

I don't know either but this prop was based on the running gear from an ex-British Army FV432 APC. There are a host of WW2 replica AFVs based on the FV432.

Another 'Japanese' vehicle was the FV432-based Type 97 ShinHoTo Chi-Ha tank built for 'The Great Raid' (2005) ... which, with a re-paint, sometimes stands in as a Pz.Kpfw 38 (t).

Better-known FV432-based replicas are Jon Phillips' two Panzer replicas - a StuG III Ausf G and Pz.Kpfw III (with FV101 turret). There is also a rather less convincing FV432-based PzKw IV replica ... but I don't know who built that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Phillips_Armor_Collection
the.shadock.free.fr/Repros.pdf

Last edited:
I think everybody know about kawa-94 tank in japanese museum.Found photo of this tank in british museum.So it could be more then one tank built
855766_600.jpg