Jackaroo Paragon Light Aircraft Project

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the well known British company,Jackaroo,which built the Thruxton light aircraft based on
DH Tiger Moth,it also developed the Paragon,a low-wing light aircraft in 1960s,powered
by one 180 hp Lycoming O-360-AIA engine,I think it remained a Project,but I am not
sure.

https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1959/1959%20-%200589.PDF

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    200 KB · Views: 274
Jackaroo Aircraft Ltd anticipated two models of Paragon. The first was to be a 4-seater powered by a 175 hp engine. The second would be a 2-seater with a 125 hp engine. Neither was built (and I don't know which model the ag version mentioned by Flight was to be based on).

In 1961, Jackaroo was re-formed as Paragon Aircraft Ltd. to produce a modified version of the Jackaroo Paragon as the Paladin. Paragon Aircraft built a mockup of the Paladin (with a tricycle landing gear, attached) but the prototype was never built.

Wessex Aviation Industry, Mike Phipp, Amberley Publishing, Stroud, 2011, pg 1968

Attachments

• paragon-paladin.jpg
    paragon-paladin.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 219
Cool,thank you my dear Apophenia.

Judging by the size of the man standing by the tail plane, it was a huge airplane.
How did the original 19 foot wing-span of the Tiger Moth morph into a 40 foot wingspan on the Jackaroo monoplane?

Judging by the size of the man standing by the tail plane, it was a huge airplane.
How did the original 19 foot wing-span of the Tiger Moth morph into a 40 foot wingspan on the Jackaroo monoplane?
I think you mean 29 ft wingspan!!
Tom Wenham's 'False Dawn' on the Beagle company mentions a Wiltshire School of Flying E.S.2 Paragon (p.12). Does anyone know if this is the same aircraft?

I think you mean 29 ft wingspan!!
Tom Wenham's 'False Dawn' on the Beagle company mentions a Wiltshire School of Flying E.S.2 Paragon (p.12). Does anyone know if this is the same aircraft?
Answered my own question!
Jackaroo Aircraft Ltd. formed in the late 50’s. Became Paragon Aircraft Ltd in 1961, both basically subsidiaries of the Wiltshire School of Flying (though I am not sure of the actual legal relationship)

Back
Top Bottom