israeli / South African TEL vehicles

panzerskool

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a picture of these TEL's as they seem like the most protected vehicles ever as nothing has ever been seen. There are drawings in "those who had the power" a book about South African nuclear weapons but seeing as Israel has had the TEL's much longer one would have thought a picture would be out by now. Hell even Israel's nuclear reactor and weaponisation process has had pictures published over 20 years ago.

No idea.

I think the drawings in "Those who had the Power" were generic drawings of a generic TEL.

The book was evidently heavily edited before publishing, after being checked through. I spoke to the author who told me thus.

As in the other thread, I think the nick-name given to the vehicle was Bees Trok (Cattle Truck)?

What vehicles did Israel use?

Just to be sure I've got the right acronym: Transport / Elevator / Launcher, yes ??

So the Israelis used a trailer?

Were there any vehicle based TEL's?

kaiserbill said:
So the Israelis used a trailer?

Were there any vehicle based TEL's?

The source for these pictures is "Le secteur Balistique et spatial aquitain, naissance et développement", La Mémoire de Bordeaux, 2001.
This kind of trailer was used for the test flights from Ile du Levant missile range. I have no information on the operational version if different, nor on the Jerico 2 version.

i think that is simply a test rig and the real TEL is motorized . kaiser any chance of putting up pierre's drawings?

Description of the MD620 launch sequence from a book on Dassault company history.

Attachments

• Image 0.gif
    Image 0.gif
    378.4 KB · Views: 700
looking for something supporting the new jericos or the South African RSA missiles

panzerskool said:
i think that is simply a test rig and the real TEL is motorized . kaiser any chance of putting up pierre's drawings?

I will only have access to my library in a couple of months, as my stuff is in storage pending me shipping it to my new house.

I'll probably have access in about 8 weeks. I must say that I think I remember the drawings in the book as generic TEL's.

The book was apparently heavily edited before publishing could proceed.

like I said before this must be the most closely guarded secret around as no one has real pictures of either SA TEL or Jericho TEL.

I think you are right as the TEL I saw at Luhatla in 89 or 90 looked different to the one in Pierres drawings and was empty with no missile. think the tiffys were fixing it if memory serves me.

of all the people involved in both projects including the guys the built them in SA, its amazing to think that 25 years later they are still completely off the radar

panzerskool said:
like I said before this must be the most closely guarded secret around as no one has real pictures of either SA TEL or Jericho TEL.

I think you are right as the TEL I saw at Luhatla in 89 or 90 looked different to the one in Pierres drawings and was empty with no missile. think the tiffys were fixing it if memory serves me.

of all the people involved in both projects including the guys the built them in SA, its amazing to think that 25 years later they are still completely off the radar

You saw the TEL?

Yebo. had no idea what it was then and we all thought it was a bridge truck of some form of engineering vehicle. cab looked different to Pierres drawing and I am almost convinced all these years later that it was actually a MAN cab and unarmoured. Was in the tiffys yard at Lohatla where we were cos we broke our ZT3 ratel

Found @ http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/81482-israel-defense-forces-63-print.html
launch concept for Shavit / Jericho II

http://2009.uploaded.fresh.co.il/2009/01/29/69454295.jpg
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg821/scaled.php?server=821&filename=shavitofek5start.jpg&res=medium