Is the search function on this site not very good?

Flyaway

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I tried search for an existing SR-72 thread, I knew there was one, but according to the search results no such thread existed. This isn’t the first time that the search function has failed to find a thread that I know exists on here?

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Flyaway said:
I tried search for an existing SR-72 thread, I knew there was one, but according to the search results no such thread existed. This isn’t the first time that the search function has failed to find a thread that I know exists on here?
Always check search limits - choose "Entire forum"

Attachments

Flyaway

Reaction score
flateric said:
Flyaway said:
Always check search limits - choose "Entire forum"
I do. I wondered if it was the short search terms like SR?

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Try Advanced Search. I get 29 results when using the search box and selecting Entire Forum, but only two when using Advanced Search and limiting results to topics only, both of which, as you might expect, have "SR-72" in the topic title.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you get no results for something you know exists, you forgot to change the search scope. like Grigori shows above.

bobbymike

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with the search function unless I was in a subcategory and didn't realize I was limiting my own search.

CJGibson

I didn't get where I am today by not using SPF.
Reaction score
My only gripe isn't with the search function it's members with aircraft/missile names for handles.

But I've moaned about that before.

Chris