Iranian Qaher-313 "indigenous fighter jet"

fightingirish said:
Arjen said:
[...]As you say, it appears to be in fan art territory.
Yes, this fanart of a larger Qaher-313 is based on the fictional ASF-X Shinden II for the Ace Combat flight simulation action video game series. ;) ;D
Source: https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21660

I like the way the cockpit looks like it's covered with tarp ;D...

Martin

Motocar make the speculative cutaway drawing...!

Repost: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23005.195.html

Cutaway Aviation Industries Organization Quaher 313 Conqueror, The Iranian Stealth fighter was criticized for being considered a "joke" that would not go beyond the mockup propagandistic, but nevertheless we see it today reborn in a twin engine version with frame on the windshield, new ejection seat, FLIR, Front landing gear now with two wheels and the most important change two engines, I recently performed tax tests shown on Iranian television, Motocar I made some time ago a provisionally shared interpretation in this forum and now does it retouched to recreate this new version. I do not know if I will have a true future but I share them for your enjoyment.

Attachments

• Cutaway Qaher F-313 bimotor II.jpg
    Cutaway Qaher F-313 bimotor II.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 349
Great one!
But the nose might only hide at best a basic TFR and an illuminator. Given the geographical configuration of the Ormuz straight, every ship on which the Iranians will choose to attack would have been already detected by other means. Hence no AESA radar.

Your both verging into fantasy.
By some chance this thing could actualy fly the next question would be what role could it have?
Directly re: your comments an anti-ship role would need some kind of radar and some kind of weapon suitable for attacking ships. This design doesn't appear to have the capability to carry either.
Unless something credible suggesting this is intended as an actual flying aircraft rather than as a propaganda con-job emerges soon I would suggest moderators move this topic to those for fictional aircraft.

Wasn't sure where to put this.
It might have nothing whatsover to do with Qaher-313.
Some sources are quoting the defence minister saying it will have both air-to-ground and air-to-air tasks, so it might rather be a different platform (like the Saeqeh)... but i guess we shall know more in the next few days.

(Reuters) - Iran will unveil a new fighter jet next week and continue developing missile capabilities as a top priority, the defense minister said on Saturday,..

Snip

"We will present a plane on National Defense Industry Day, and people will see it fly, and the equipment designed for it,” Hatami added. Iran celebrates National Defense Industry Day on Aug. 22.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-navy/iran-to-unveil-new-fighter-jet-develop-missiles-minister-idUSKBN1L305Z

kaiserbill said:
Yeah, I was in the same situation earlier.
But I decided to wait until next week , and post the news with pictures either in this topic (Qaher-313), or in another topic (e.g. Iranian F-5 version), or in a new topic (like a completely new design).

A funny Info,

the word Qaher by Arabic is the masculine name for what known by English as
the word "Cairo".

fightingirish said:
kaiserbill said:
Yeah, I was in the same situation earlier.
But I decided to wait until next week , and post the news with pictures either in this topic (Qaher-313), or in another topic (e.g. Iranian F-5 version), or in a new topic (like a completely new design).

Allegedly it will be the Kowsar 88's maiden flight

kaiserbill said:
It might have nothing whatsover to do with Qaher-313.
Some sources are quoting the defence minister saying it will have both air-to-ground and air-to-air tasks, so it might rather be a different platform (like the Saeqeh)... but i guess we shall know more in the next few days.

(Reuters) - Iran will unveil a new fighter jet next week and continue developing missile capabilities as a top priority, the defense minister said on Saturday,..

Snip

"We will present a plane on National Defense Industry Day, and people will see it fly, and the equipment designed for it,” Hatami added. Iran celebrates National Defense Industry Day on Aug. 22.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-navy/iran-to-unveil-new-fighter-jet-develop-missiles-minister-idUSKBN1L305Z
Apparently Qaher is not something that can _fly_ ever.

It's a "Kowsar", but not 88...

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-reveals-newest-fighter-jet-defiance-us-sanctions-1082289

http://www.opex360.com/2018/08/21/liran-devoile-kowsar-nouvel-avion-de-combat-nest-quun-f-5-americain-modernise/

An ordinary F-5 (not even with two vertical fins) with "new" avionics...

Maybe it's better to open a new topic on it ?

So i found these Qaher-313 picts.

cherik.irani313_14001226_203652194.jpg

unknown-3-1.png

The zooming in one i believe is old (i remember saw it months ago), but the blurry google sat image is newer to me.
My first reaction to reverse image search but i found nothing both in google image and yandex image search engine. So nobody seriously talking this i guess.
Anyway, is this indication the project still going?

Last edited:
Pulling a nonfunctional mock-up out on a tarmac to be viewed by overhead spy satellites is even easier than trotting out said mock-up up close in front of global news cameras - what am I missing?

I think timing to put the airframe at the right time to be photographed by google sat is not that easy. Espescially gathering people there to look like they done some testing.
Anyway, who knows.

I have founded here some nice photos of the first mockup of the F-313 :
It was pretty cool, for a first mock-up !

Attachments

• 8156_727.jpg
    8156_727.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 8155_739.jpg
    8155_739.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 8154_123.jpg
    8154_123.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 8152_713.jpg
    8152_713.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 8151_300.jpg
    8151_300.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 8150_115.jpg
    8150_115.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 8149_976.jpg
    8149_976.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 8148_727.jpg
    8148_727.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 8147_285.jpg
    8147_285.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 251
  • 8146_495.jpg
    8146_495.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 8145_437.jpg
    8145_437.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I have founded here some photos of the first prototype of the 313 :
It wasn't badass at all !!!
Bird of Pray this ain't real.

I have founded here some photos of the first prototype of the 313 :
It wasn't badass at all !!!

Oh!! Man, not this so called fighter again.

Hey, the new "variant" seem much better ! It was just a rough mockup. The "new" F-313 is more cool.

Last edited:
So.. assuming that it is just a single mockup for media purposes..

WHY?

Could this be meant as a way to distract from UAV developments, which clearly have happened in the meantime?

Distract who from UAV developments?
And how precisely would it be any kind of distraction from any such developments?
For example as such as obvious a fake it would have been zero distraction for intelligence agencies around the world.

What ever it might have started as (potentially as a legitimate theoretical-only academic exercise?) it certainly ended up as a propaganda project that was most likely primarily intended for (and to mislead and impress) an internal audience of those without the knowledge/ experience/ means to identify it as the shoddy obvious fake that it ended up being. If that exercise fooled some less knowledgeable aviation enthusiasts outside Iran than that was most likely a collateral impact, not the primary aim.

That "test area" is here: 35.714605 51.289201 Clearly not an actual flight test complex, just a place to store it and take photos.

First (mockup) : Second (Prototype) :
8147_285-jpg.685290
qf313-jpg.578255

;)

Last edited:
Still, there are two "airframe/mockup" :
- The first mockup, a single engine.
8155_739-jpg.685297

- And the second, or "new", prototype with two engines.
proxy-image.jpg

Last edited:
Second airframe :

"Airframe?"
Cell, if you wants !

"Cell?"

cell​

noun
  1. a small room, as in a convent or prison.
  2. any of various small compartments or bounded areas forming part of a whole.
  3. a small group acting as a unit within a larger organization: a local cell of the Communist party.
  4. Biology. a usually microscopic structure containing nuclear and cytoplasmic material enclosed by a semipermeable membrane and, in plants, a cell wall; the basic structural unit of all organisms.
  5. Entomology. one of the areas into which the wing of an insect is divided by the veins.

I assume English isn't your first language. "Cell" makes no sense in English, in this context. "Mockup," "model" "fake," "fraud," "laughably bad joke" would all be correct usages here.

If that flies it will be from a giant catapult and you are not getting me in there whan they make a lawn dart out of it. The question that I have burning away is, "Why do they feel the need to do this"? In my amateur opinion, it is to frighten and awe their own people. What kind of regime needs to do that?

Second airframe :

"Airframe?"
Cell, if you wants !

"Cell?"

cell​

noun
  1. a small room, as in a convent or prison.
  2. any of various small compartments or bounded areas forming part of a whole.
  3. a small group acting as a unit within a larger organization: a local cell of the Communist party.
  4. Biology. a usually microscopic structure containing nuclear and cytoplasmic material enclosed by a semipermeable membrane and, in plants, a cell wall; the basic structural unit of all organisms.
  5. Entomology. one of the areas into which the wing of an insect is divided by the veins.

I assume English isn't your first language. "Cell" makes no sense in English, in this context. "Mockup," "model" "fake," "fraud," "laughably bad joke" would all be correct usages here.
In French, we say : une cellule d'aéronef. This refers to the "body" of a particular aircraft. (example the MiG-23M serial number 0503).

Last edited: