Iranian Qaher-313 "indigenous fighter jet"

martinbayer

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
fightingirish said:
Arjen said:
[...]As you say, it appears to be in fan art territory.
Yes, this fanart of a larger Qaher-313 is based on the fictional ASF-X Shinden II for the Ace Combat flight simulation action video game series. ;) ;D
Source: https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21660

I like the way the cockpit looks like it's covered with tarp ;D...

Martin

Motocar

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Motocar make the speculative cutaway drawing...!

Motocar

Reaction score
Repost: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23005.195.html

Cutaway Aviation Industries Organization Quaher 313 Conqueror, The Iranian Stealth fighter was criticized for being considered a "joke" that would not go beyond the mockup propagandistic, but nevertheless we see it today reborn in a twin engine version with frame on the windshield, new ejection seat, FLIR, Front landing gear now with two wheels and the most important change two engines, I recently performed tax tests shown on Iranian television, Motocar I made some time ago a provisionally shared interpretation in this forum and now does it retouched to recreate this new version. I do not know if I will have a true future but I share them for your enjoyment.

Attachments

• Cutaway Qaher F-313 bimotor II.jpg
    Cutaway Qaher F-313 bimotor II.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 192

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Great one!
But the nose might only hide at best a basic TFR and an illuminator. Given the geographical configuration of the Ormuz straight, every ship on which the Iranians will choose to attack would have been already detected by other means. Hence no AESA radar.

kaiserd

Reaction score
Your both verging into fantasy.
By some chance this thing could actualy fly the next question would be what role could it have?
Directly re: your comments an anti-ship role would need some kind of radar and some kind of weapon suitable for attacking ships. This design doesn't appear to have the capability to carry either.
Unless something credible suggesting this is intended as an actual flying aircraft rather than as a propaganda con-job emerges soon I would suggest moderators move this topic to those for fictional aircraft.

kaiserbill

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this.
It might have nothing whatsover to do with Qaher-313.
Some sources are quoting the defence minister saying it will have both air-to-ground and air-to-air tasks, so it might rather be a different platform (like the Saeqeh)... but i guess we shall know more in the next few days.

(Reuters) - Iran will unveil a new fighter jet next week and continue developing missile capabilities as a top priority, the defense minister said on Saturday,..

Snip

"We will present a plane on National Defense Industry Day, and people will see it fly, and the equipment designed for it,” Hatami added. Iran celebrates National Defense Industry Day on Aug. 22.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-navy/iran-to-unveil-new-fighter-jet-develop-missiles-minister-idUSKBN1L305Z

fightingirish

Reaction score
kaiserbill said:
Yeah, I was in the same situation earlier.
But I decided to wait until next week , and post the news with pictures either in this topic (Qaher-313), or in another topic (e.g. Iranian F-5 version), or in a new topic (like a completely new design).

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
A funny Info,

the word Qaher by Arabic is the masculine name for what known by English as
the word "Cairo".

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
fightingirish said:
kaiserbill said:
Yeah, I was in the same situation earlier.
But I decided to wait until next week , and post the news with pictures either in this topic (Qaher-313), or in another topic (e.g. Iranian F-5 version), or in a new topic (like a completely new design).

Allegedly it will be the Kowsar 88's maiden flight

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
kaiserbill said:
It might have nothing whatsover to do with Qaher-313.
Some sources are quoting the defence minister saying it will have both air-to-ground and air-to-air tasks, so it might rather be a different platform (like the Saeqeh)... but i guess we shall know more in the next few days.

(Reuters) - Iran will unveil a new fighter jet next week and continue developing missile capabilities as a top priority, the defense minister said on Saturday,..

Snip

"We will present a plane on National Defense Industry Day, and people will see it fly, and the equipment designed for it,” Hatami added. Iran celebrates National Defense Industry Day on Aug. 22.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-navy/iran-to-unveil-new-fighter-jet-develop-missiles-minister-idUSKBN1L305Z
Apparently Qaher is not something that can _fly_ ever.

Deltafan

Reaction score
It's a "Kowsar", but not 88...

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-reveals-newest-fighter-jet-defiance-us-sanctions-1082289

http://www.opex360.com/2018/08/21/liran-devoile-kowsar-nouvel-avion-de-combat-nest-quun-f-5-americain-modernise/

An ordinary F-5 (not even with two vertical fins) with "new" avionics...

Maybe it's better to open a new topic on it ?