Info needed: Václav Němeček

Silencer1

That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!
Reaction score
Hi!

Among the authors of aviation books and magazines of Eastern Europe in 1960-1980 was Václav Němeček, from Czechoslovakia.

He published a number of books, covering history of both Czechoslovakian and world aviation, includind "Atlas Letadel" multi-volume series about airliners, "Voenska Letadla" 5 volume set about military aircraft of the world etc.

He also participated in "Letectvi+Kosmonautika" magazine with a long series of articles on "1939-1945" about World War 2 aircraft of all countries.

Could anyone knew the biography of this person?
Wikipedia obly points me to the certain footbal player...

Thanks in advance!

Link
Václav Němeček (CZE) * 01.01.1924

Václav Němeček se narodilo v roce 1924 v Táboře, od roku 1932 žil v Praze. Po maturitě v roce 1943 nastoupil k tehdejšímu Letovu, závod III na Výstavišti. O letectví se začal zajímat asi ve dvanácti letech, sbíral obrázky, časopisy a knihy. Po válce začal se svým spolužákem Dušanem Simandlem uveřejňovat v tehdejším týdeníku Rozlet seriál Letadla ve válce 1939-45, posléze publikoval sám v časopisech Letectví, Modelář, Křídla vlasti aj. Věnoval se starší i soudobé letecké technice, především však strojům z období druhé světové války, průběžně sledoval vývoj československých a sovětských typů. Jeho první kniha Československá letadla vyšla v Našem vojsku v roce 1958, druhé vydání v roce 1968 a třetí (dvoudílné) v 1983/84. Vojenská letadla z roku 1962 zahrnovala vývoj bojových letadel v jednom svazku a stala se základem pro pětisvazkové dílo Vojenská letadla I. až V. z let 1974 až 1982. Kniha Sovětská letadla (1969) představovala unikát ve své době a dočkala se německého vydání v SRN v roce 1976 a anglického v roce 1986. V nakladatelství Nadas vznikla osmidílná řada přehledu civilních letadel Atlas letadel (1979 až 1989) a v roce 1981 dva díly historie vývoje civilních letadel Civilní letadla.

K menším pracím patří Lidé a letadla (1964), Samolety (1988 v polštině, 1991 česky). Podílel se na knize Umlčené zbraně (NV 1966) a na britských titulech Combat Aircraft of the World (1969) a The Lord of Flight (1970). Ve Velké Británii vydal knihu Czechoslovak Aircraft since 1918. Časopisecká publikační práce zahrnuje přes 3 100 článků doma i v zahraničí.

Němeček pracoval v konstrukci Aero, pak VZLÚ na typech L-60, L-40 a L-29, od roku 1960 ve VZLÚ jako vedoucí studijního oddělení, potom jako vedoucí VTEI v oblasti kybernetiky a pozemního stavitelství. Vystudoval strojírenský institut, obor informatika.
I ran it through Google translate:
Vaclav Nemecek was born in 1924 in Tabor, since 1932 lived in Prague. After graduation in 1943 he joined the then Leto, III race at the Exhibition. The aviation became interested in about twelve years, collected pictures, magazines and books. After the war he and his classmates Dusan Simandl then publish the weekly series of projection planes in the War of 1939-45, and later he published in magazines Aviation, Modeller, Wings homeland, etc. He is older and contemporary aviation technology, but above all the machines from the Second World War , continuously monitor the developments of the Czechoslovak and Soviet types. His first book The Czechoslovak aircraft appeared in Our Army in 1958, second edition in 1968 and the third (two-piece) in 1983/84. Military aircraft from 1962 included the development of combat aircraft in one volume and became the basis for work pětisvazkové Military aircraft from I to V between 1974 and the 1982nd The book Soviet aircraft (1969) represented a unique in its time, published in the German edition in the FRG in 1976 and England in 1986. The publishing house was founded Nadas Eightfold line survey of civilian aircraft, aircraft Atlas (1979 to 1989) and in 1981 two volumes of history of the development of civilian aircraft, civilian aircraft.

The smaller works include People and aircraft (1964), Samolety (1988 in Polish, Czech 1991). He worked on the book Silenced weapons (NV 1966) and British titles Combat Aircraft of the World (1969) and The Lord of Flight (1970). In the UK, published a book Czechoslovak Aircraft since the 1918th Journals publishing work includes over 3,100 articles at home and abroad.

Nemecek has worked in the construction of Aero, then VZLU on the types of L-60 L-40 and L-29, since 1960 in VZLU as head of department, then as head VTEI in cybernetics and building construction. He graduated from the Engineering Institute, majoring in computer science.

Try Bookfinder for availability of books, specify German ( ??? ) for language.

Hi, Arjen!

Thanks a lot for information!

It's very nice to knew the person behind the books and articles.
Did you seen a portrait of Nemecek?

Cheers!

Silencer1 said:
Did you seen a portrait of Nemecek?
Alas, no. I fed 'Václav Němeček atlas letadel bio' to google, no pics of the man.