"In search of the optimum multifunctional interceptor" (from Paralay's website)

Stargazer2006

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Triton said:
Paralay has posted a pdf showing speculative renderings of what I guess might be a MiG-31 replacement. One of the renderings also shows a scaled up PAK-FA. See here->http://paralay.com/stat/MFP2.pdf
Funny... I was browsing through the exact same file and about to post the link... :)

Attached are pictures from said document, entitled "In search of the optimum multifunctional interceptor":

Attachments

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score

pedrospe

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
That´s some great pictures,thanks a lot for sharing.

regards

Pedro

piko1

< LFM Cow Level >
Reaction score
only one question is it just me or there is side by side cockpit glass with a normal seat arrangement

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
I guess I should have rephrased my question, is paralay just a fellow aviation enthusiast? Is he a current, or former, aerospace engineer? Should his web site, drawings, and PDFs be considered fan art?

piko1

< LFM Cow Level >
Reaction score
from what i read this project looks more like F-111 to me than ever before sorry but low level flight for a heavy interceptor and Trust vectoring and more and more why Paralay ? why a heavy fighter will hug the deck ? what's the point of this ? i dont see any
when i watch MiG-31BM i see fly'n S-400 when i look at MDP that you show i see a heavy version of 9К330 TOR just that nothing more

PlanesPictures

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Very nice and unique designs. I'm curriouss for their pictures

Avimimus

Reaction score
I've got a question: What is missing from Paralay's designs? I have a feeling that the use of the internal volume is too efficient...

That said - I rather liked his solutions for the PAK-FA weapon bays.

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
Avimimus said:
I have a feeling that the use of the internal volume is too efficient...
I suppose you meant "isn't too efficient"... ::)

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Triton said:
I guess I should have rephrased my question, is paralay just a fellow aviation enthusiast? Is he a current, or former, aerospace engineer? Should his web site, drawings, and PDFs be considered fan art?

Paralay is Alexander Pachkov from Nizhny Novgorod. From the childhood he was avid enthusiast of aviation, and his ability to absorb, accumulate and share information is outstanding.
Some of his amateur children napkin-projects can be seen here http://paralay.com/paralay-project.html
After service in Russian Navy he worked at Sokol plant for some time at assembly line, so part of his job is onboard of some MiG-31s, -31Ms and - he ever saw some parts and drawings of 1.42
He has started Stealth-Machines site about 6 years ago AFAIR.
I don't know why he didn't go to aerospace college as I think that his place was at aerospace sector as much of his designs look quite rationale.
Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
flateric said:
Sasha also has some strange numerology and conspiracy theories addiction that many doesn't like, but I'm trying not to trespass this area of his own world.
Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

(As an aside: is "Sasha" really a nickname for "Alexander"?)

piko1

< LFM Cow Level >
Reaction score
@Stargazer2006 : Sasha is derivative of Alexander in Bulgarian as Russian Sasho (Sasha in Russian) is often used for nickname for Alexander so the answer is yes
sorry for the offtop

Avimimus

Reaction score
Stargazer2006 said:
flateric said:
Perhaps this could partly explain why he didn't pursue a career in aeronautics? I guess conspirationists are not particularly appreciated, be it in the U.S., C.I.S. or anywhere else...

I don't see that. I've known many odd and successful engineers - and certainly a lot of scientists have had unusual opinions in areas outside of their direct sphere of practice.

An example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton%27s_occult_studies

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score

sferrin

Reaction score
Stargazer2006 said:
flateric said:

You should read up on John Parsons. Sometimes crazy, brilliant, and questionable all come in the same package. :eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whiteside_Parsons

dannydale

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
I spy a little yellow FSW prop plane on Paralay's site. That's both hilarious and awesome. B)