Houthi missiles

I’m making this thread in general for content related to Houthi rockets and missiles created from old soviet weapons. Slow bc I’m on my phone, but I’m going to lean heavily on Oryx and r/combatfootage for this, with a smattering of others

If Iran can supply Houthi rebels with 2,100km missiles, what is the point in the MTCR?

New ballistic, cruise and loitering missiles were shown by the Houthis in the recent military parade in Sanaa, Yemen. Among the new missiles on display was the Quds-3 cruise missile, believed to be a new, longer-range variant of the Iranian Soumar cruise missile.

Quds 3 – a new cruise missile. Like its two predecessors (Quds 1 and 2), Quds-3 is powered by a small turbojet engine, yet it is larger and capable of flying over a longer range. Quds cruise missiles are programmed to fly at a low level and have demonstrated effective radar avoidance capability. They are designed to perform precision attacks on a pre-programmed location based on the target coordinates. The missile achieves an initial velocity using a solid propellant booster which is separated once the missile achieves its cruising velocity.

According to the Iranwatch.org missile report, Quds-1 has a range of 800 km. The second-generation Quds-2, which corresponds with the Iranian Soumar (also known as Hoveyzeh) missiles, has a range of 1,350 km. The range of Quds 3 was not mentioned by the Houthis but is believed to be longer than Quds 2, as the missile diameter is larger, thus capable of carrying a larger fuel tank and warhead. These missiles are based on an Iranian derived from Soviet-era air-launched Kh55 cruise missiles acquired from Ukraine in the late 1990s. The range of Quds-1 is assumed to be 700 km, with Quds-3 achieving three times that range.

1667557350373.png