Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZJD7PZjEY

Ruairidh MacVeigh

52.8K subscribers

Hello all! :D Today, rather than looking at a plane or an airport, we'll be covering the history of possibly Britain's shortest-lived airline. While there are plenty of carriers that have been formed, but collapsed into insolvency before they could carry out their first flight, Highland Express actually did succeed in commencing operations, with the premise of delivering services between Scotland and North America in the same vein as Virgin Atlantic. However, the fiscal limitations of the airline industry, combined with a fickle market, meant that within four months of its start, the airline was gone forever. All video content and images in this production have been provided with permission wherever possible. While I endeavour to ensure that all accreditations properly name the original creator, some of my sources do not list them as they are usually provided by other, unrelated YouTubers. Therefore, if I have mistakenly put the accreditation of 'Unknown', and you are aware of the original creator, please send me a personal message at my Gmail (this is more effective than comments as I am often unable to read all of them): rorymacveigh@gmail.com The views and opinions expressed in this video are my personal appraisal and are not the views and opinions of any of these individuals or bodies who have kindly supplied me with footage and images. Also, I realise that in many shots I incorrectly show certain aircraft or airlines that aren't true to what I'm discussing, but sadly - with the constraints of copyrights and attributions - the number of pictures I can safely use are somewhat limited. If you enjoyed this video, why not leave a like, and consider subscribing for more great content coming soon. Thanks again, everyone, and enjoy! :D References: - Yesterday's Airlines (and their respective sources) - Wikipedia (and its respective references)

Jesse Karhiaho
Jesse Karhiaho
7 months ago (edited)
This aircraft was actually the only 747-100 Qantas ever used. The leasing of this plane makes Qantas the only airline to operate every variant of the jumbo. This -100 was leased for a while, -200s were a major part of Qantas' fleet, SPs and -300s were also once part of the fleets, -400 was the last passenger 747 variant at Qantas and the -8Fs are now going to be used for Qantas Freight being leased from Atlas Air. So this -100 is a significant jet in Qantas' history!