Hawker Siddley P1154 references

chuck4

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I am interested in building a 1/48 scale model of the RAF version Hawker Siddley P1154. I am thinking of doing so using parts from existing 1/48 scale plastic kits of the Harrier as basis, and scratch building as needed. I am guessing 75% -80% of the model be scratch built.

Does anyone know a good book or internet source for P1154, I would need plan and profile drawings, sectional shapes, etc.

I believe since the prototype construction actually started, there ought to be very detailed drawings available.

Project Cancelled by Derek Wood has a 3-view and some internal arrangement drawings, but no sectionals.

Does it have to be 1:48? There's an excellent 1:72 resin kit from Freightdog (albeit OOP at the moment).

Hobbes said:
Project Cancelled by Derek Wood has a 3-view and some internal arrangement drawings, but no sectionals.

Does it have to be 1:48? There's an excellent 1:72 resin kit from Freightdog (albeit OOP at the moment).

I prefer 1/48 scale to be consistent with everything else I've done recently. I don't need internal arrangement that's not visible from outside. I just need sectional drawings to get the sectional shape right.

You would probably be best contacting Mike Pryce, as he has done several lectures on the 1154, if anyone has what you seek it would be him. Mike posts here under the name "Harrier".

Forum member Geoff Baker may well have some info too, as Geoff assisted Colin at Freightdog in the creation of the 1/72 resin kit.

HTH

Duncan

Did you ever get the illustrations you were after?