Hawker Design to Spec. F.7/30

Apophenia

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I came across this 3-view of a "1930 Day & Night Fighter" concept from Hawker but could find nothing on it using the 'Search' function.

I presume that this design was to F.7/30 -- for a heavily armed, single-engined fighter. If so, this pusher design was eclipsed by the more conventional P.V.3 which Hawker finally submitted to meet that specification. The P.V.3 was powered by a 700 hp Rolls-Royce Goshawk engine which may be what we're looking at on this pusher design too.

Source: Kingston Aviation: Kingston Design Projects - the ones that got away

http://www.kingstonaviation.org/js/plugins/filemanager/files/Brief_History_Banner__12B_Layout_1.pdf

Attachments

• hawker-day-night-1930.jpg
    hawker-day-night-1930.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 488
Re: 1930 Hawker Pusher Fighter

Great find my dear Apophenia.

Ditto.
It does bear a startling resemblance to the Hanriot H.110, which was actually built.

You're right Costas ... and they'd be near contemporariy designs too. The puzzling thing about the ground attack Hanriot H.110 was how light its armament was (at least in comparison with the demands of F.7/30).

Two rifle-caliber machine guns were pretty much the standard armament for fighters of the era. From what I've read, the 110 was designed as a fighter, while the H.115 was apparently optimized for ground attack with a 33mm APX cannon.