Happy New Year 2021

Happy new year and Merry Christmas to everyone,

in this great forum, we embody all the meanings of the Union of
Humanity in one of the most important fields of science, we are
like a melting pot in which to present everything new and unknown
in the military sciences, especially the aviation department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I do not DO firework displays but frankly, this time I have no objections to celebrating big style. They certainly are big style here so the wildlife will be hunkering down in their dens and wondering what the fuss is about.

Should we set up a betting pool on what 2021 will bring?
  • Covid-21: more infectious, more fatal
  • Yellowstone goes FOOOM
  • Reactor meltdown
  • Iran goes to war with Israel
  • China and India: Nuclear Boogaloo
  • SpaceX gets taken out
  • US Civil War
  • EMP strike(s)
  • Sweet Meteor O'Death
  • Carrington Event
  • AIDS mutates into airborne strain
  • Social credit goes world-wide
  • Greenland melts

• Yellowstone goes FOOOM
  • Reactor meltdown
  • SpaceX gets taken out
  • US Civil War
  • EMP strike(s)
  • Sweet Meteor O'Death
  • Carrington Event
  • Greenland melts
We did this at work. "COVID mutates, infected people now eat human brains" was one suggestion.

Now lets get back to the happy posts :)

• Yellowstone goes FOOOM
  • Reactor meltdown
  • SpaceX gets taken out
  • US Civil War
  • EMP strike(s)
  • Sweet Meteor O'Death
  • Carrington Event
  • Greenland melts
I think you've covered everything there!

SRJ.

...or the string game with laser lights and ham wot tastes like chicken perhaps.

Nah, he forgot "grasshoppers mutates into zombie, carnivorous beasts"

Happy new year to all, and may this year be at least slightly less fucked up than crazy-whacky 2020...

In the immortal words of Matthias, the man-that-was-to-be-stoned-and-was-not in Monty Pythons, Life of Brian

Matthias : "Look, I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just saying "Jehovah".

Great Priest "You're only making it worse for yourself! "

Matthias : "Making it worse? How could it be worse ? Jehovah, Jehovah, JEHOVAH "

Something akin to...

"Look, I don't think it ought to be blasphemy just saying 2021 can't be worse that fucking 2020"

"You are only making it worse - by tempting fate !"

"Making it worse ? How on Earth could 2021 be worse ? "

We did this at work. "COVID mutates, infected people now eat human brains" was one suggestion.

That *IS* the happy posts. Were I to start in on the gloomy notions, Certain People would sprain their weak little wrists stabbing the "report" button.

If you remember back to the Before Times, people complained about how awful 2019 was. And they complained the same about 2018 before that, and back to at least 2016. So we've been on an upward trend of awfulness for at least five or so years. Is the trend linear? Is it logarithmic? Are we peaking in awfulness, or are we reaching a singularity of awfulness that will culminate in Cthulhu reigning on Earth, followed by a vacuum collapse and the sudden realization, that, yes, we all do in fact have immortal souls, and that each and every one of us is damned to eternal torment? Just a little something to ponder.

That *IS* the happy posts. Were I to start in on the gloomy notions, Certain People would sprain their weak little wrists stabbing the "report" button.

If you remember back to the Before Times, people complained about how awful 2019 was. And they complained the same about 2018 before that, and back to at least 2016. So we've been on an upward trend of awfulness for at least five or so years. Is the trend linear? Is it logarithmic? Are we peaking in awfulness, or are we reaching a singularity of awfulness that will culminate in Cthulhu reigning on Earth, followed by a vacuum collapse and the sudden realization, that, yes, we all do in fact have immortal souls, and that each and every one of us is damned to eternal torment? Just a little something to ponder.
I tried stabbing the report button but the bar steward stabbed me right back, bleepin' keyboards.......

Apart from encountering intelligent alien life that turns out to be hostile felines.
Surely you've heard of the "Kzin"?

See Larry Niven's "Known Space" series of SF stories. And Happy New Year!

Harry
I have indeed...and even they liked being scratched behind the ears. I think it's in one of the Ringworld books but I can't tell which one as almost all of my books are in storage (except for a dozen issues of Warship and all the RoL stories).

SRJ.

Apart from encountering intelligent alien life that turns out to be hostile felines.
Surely you've heard of the "Kzin"?

See Larry Niven's "Known Space" series of SF stories. And Happy New Year!

Harry
I have indeed...and even they liked being scratched behind the ears. I think it's in one of the Ringworld books but I can't tell which one as almost all of my books are in storage (except for a dozen issues of Warship and all the RoL stories).

SRJ.
The first Ringworld (Ballantine 1970) ---- Speaker-to-Animals comes to a party and is fascinated by the sentient human females , who delight in scratching his ears. I've been reading SF for over 60 years, and the Kzin are far and away my favorite alien race. Thank you, Larry, for creating these fascinating and well-thought-out creatures!

Harry

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Yellowstone goes FOOOM
  • Reactor meltdown
  • SpaceX gets taken out
  • US Civil War
  • EMP strike(s)
  • Sweet Meteor O'Death
  • Carrington Event
  • Greenland melts
Here my two cents:

The Spanish Kingdom demands the return of California and Nuevo Méjico. France asks for the return of Louisiana. Russia, wants Alaska back, Netherlands New York and the Indians the rest.

Joe Biden, in a moment of verbal confusion, accepts.