• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Grumman Model 303E

archipeppe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The "father" of the actual F-14 "Tomcat".

Single tail, extra fins (partially retracteable), e simplified canopy.
It appeared in a mock-up form during 1969, just before that Grumman was awarded with the F 14 contract.

Lenght: 19,2 mt
Wingspan: 19,15 mt (unswept) - 11,46 mt (swept)
Height: 4,88 mt
Weapons: 1 Vulcan cannon and 4 AIM-7 "Sidewinder" missiles.

If entered in service we could attend such slightly different version of "Top Gun" movie....

Attachments

• Grumman 303E.jpg
    Grumman 303E.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 551

Jschmus

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I've seen the drawings of the 303 series before. It's nice to see them rendered in full color. With the bigger ventral fins, it looks a bit more like a Veritech fighter from Macross.

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Thanks for your effort Archipeppe
Gives a good perspective of what could have been

Regards
Pioneer

Apollo Leader

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Jschmus said:
I've seen the drawings of the 303 series before. It's nice to see them rendered in full color. With the bigger ventral fins, it looks a bit more like a Veritech fighter from Macross.

The VF-1 in Macross is known as the Valkyrie (intentionally named after the XB-70); Veritech was the name that the VF-1 (an a few other mecha) was given when Macross was combined with Sothern Cross and Mospeada to make Robotech. :)

r16

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
any chance of finding a large ( or small , ı don't care ) 3 view of the Varitek ? Now this is how it sounds in Turkish , it was at the at the time when the national TV network became full colour and it really was an impressive show for the teens of my age .

Robert

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
hud607.fire.prohosting.com
Very nice, archipeppe.

r16 said:
any chance of finding a large ( or small , ı don't care ) 3 view of the Varitek ? Now this is how it sounds in Turkish , it was at the at the time when the national TV network became full colour and it really was an impressive show for the teens of my age .

Try this: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ptn/Veritech/valkyrie_gallery.html

I've done some Valkyrie fantasy art, if anyone is interested. Probably off topic here, but I could post it in The Bar, I suppose...

r16

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
ı like the f-14 design , archipeppe's design/illustration starts to grow on you ; and my attention on the family would improve even further if somebody did an aircraft only VF-1 , that is to say real ; the cutaway ı have found on the link provided by Robert made me ask "what if this was scanned from Air International ?"

thanks everybody and looking for forward to both F-14 and VF-1 illustrations .