UK-France Future Combat Air System (FCAS)

Your words:
Apologies, I was led astray by the poster's misinformation
And that's was not personal? The poster's...

As it seems also your are very selective in your apologies.
That and your denial is even more insulting to say the least.

@flateric :

Shouldn't both threads be merged?

It's clear that Dassault didn't discontinue their efforts with the end of the UK partnership. We have the same airframe, the same engine and... The same name.
On the other hand, UK's Tempest went from an airframe centric system (what Dassault's FCAS is) to a system of systems design effort (airframe was put on the last stage of the phased design).

This is why I had prioritized this thread for the FCAS news.

Euro Male risks a 100M€ cut in funding from the European Union as Airbus choose a US designed engine, built by Aviano, for powerplant. EU officiasl are complaining that ITAR potential restrictions would impact negatively sales prospects... Of the 7 billions euros program (note: Turkish TB-2 costing 5M$, that makes the entire funding cut roughly equal to the same quantity of TB-2 as EU's full 20 EuroMale order!*).

*welcome to AbsEUrdistan!

Last edited:

“It’s quite clear that we need to find a way to pool our efforts together as Europeans to have one very powerful capability by type of weapon system. Does it make sense to not come together for security and defence with the level of insecurity that we see at the borders of Europe? No, I think there’s no choice."