further breakdown of naval forum

uselesschain

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
hi all

just want to put some feedback out there.

i enjoy the naval section very much and would like to see if it would be possible for further breakdowns within the section such as a section specific for surface ships (aircraft carriers, destroyers and corvettes) followed by anchor sub-sea (subs and under sea bases/ projects including unarmed UAV) and another section for others ( torpedoes, Weapon systems and anything that doesn't really fit in other category) .

just a thought that might help with searching

I would prefer separating by navies:
IJN-JMSDF,
USN,
RN,
Imperial Russian-Soviet-Modern Russian Navy,
Kaiserliche Marine - Reichs/Kriegsmarine - Volks/Bundesmarine
KuK KM
RM
MN
Chinese Navy-PLAN
Commonwealth Navies
Other Navies

I don't think it needs separating out, that's why we have tags for easier searching by topic and most posts have (or soon will have) tags for the respective navy/country of origin. All posts have (or will have) tags of generic classification (eg destroyer, submarine etc.). I'm slowly going through and updating all tags so please bear with things.

The Secret Naval section is intended for ships/submarines/unmanned craft - these should mostly be unbuilt projects/design studies but historical research is welcome too.
Discussions of modern active warships and deployments should go in the Military section.
Missiles and gun projects should go into the Secret Missile, Bomb and Gun Projects section.
Radars/electronics should go into the Avionics and Military/Naval electronics section.
Any member-generated artwork or modelling should go into the User Artwork and Models section.
Anything what-if or musings belongs in the speculative or alternate history sections.

Strictly according to original intent, anything built in series shouldn't be in Naval Projects. However, "Military" is a bit generic. If we are moving towards a fully-fledged Naval discussions area, we should consider rethinking the sections - Maybe spilt Military to Army / Naval?

I think the forum has excellent search tools, coupled with tight adminitration to keep the topics into the right place.
Going deeper into more sub levels, from my own obsesive amateur archivist experience, results into a less flexible/efficient and confusing structure.