French army red-faced after command post stolen

Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
[raises eyebrow]

French army red-faced after command post stolen

The French army top-brass were left red-faced when after a mobile command post worth 600,000 euros (£523,000), complete with military computers, was stolen, judicial sources said on Tuesday.

4:04PM BST 20 Sep 2011

The modular command post system, which resembles a cargo container, was discovered during the search of a warehouse in Bobigny, northeast of Paris, that had been rented by a man suspected of fraud, a judicial source said.

The 20-foot (seven-metre) unit contained computers with “non sensitive” data on them, a source close to the inquiry said.

The army noticed the command post was missing from its Montlhery barracks south of Paris during an inventory on July 18.

Investigators suspect someone inside the barracks of involvement with the theft as the command unit can only be moved by a flatbed truck.

The Le Parisien newspaper reported the command post was supposed to have been sent to the Ivory Coast, where former colonial ruler France has a large military presence supporting a United Nations peacekeeping mission.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8777044/French-army-red-faced-after-command-post-stolen.html

So... what can you do with a command post? I mean, it's not like they can type in some codes and thereby hijack cruise missiles or something?

Hammer Birchgrove said:
So... what can you do with a command post? I mean, it's not like they can type in some codes and thereby hijack cruise missiles or something?

There's a screenplay waiting for you to write. Fame and fortune beckon!

According to unconfirmed reports, the Sûreté has put their best man on the case.

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Attachments

• clouseau1.jpg
    clouseau1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 91
;D

pathology_doc said:
Hammer Birchgrove said:

There's a screenplay waiting for you to write. Fame and fortune beckon!

I doubt I could write a screenplay alone... but a synopsis would be fine, or a short story! Thanks! B)