• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Forum Upgrade Completed! Post any issues you find in this topic

TomS

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, that was me removing some unneeded redirects from the config to debug this issue, and accidentally commenting out /forum/index.php (the old URL people have bookmarked).

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Avatar issue is fixed. By me, not the forum developers :)

dan_inbox

Reaction score
You can always report drifting threads for splitting.
I realize that, Paul.
My point isn't about the drifting, it's about how the previous layout offered a convenience that is missing in the new one. Which admitedly has other strong points.

fightingirish

Reaction score
I know, that the RSS (Rich Site Summary) feed is a dying web application, but will this forum have a RSS feed fuction in the near future?
The symbol with the link at the bottom right of this page, next to Contact us, Terms and rules, Privacy policy, Help and Home, isn't working.
Link: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forums/-/index.rss
Sorry, if my inquiry has been posted before. I'm still getting used to search function in the new version of this forum.
Anyway, ovenscan keep on the good work.:)

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize that, Paul.
My point isn't about the drifting, it's about how the previous layout offered a convenience that is missing in the new one. Which admitedly has other strong points.
I know, that the RSS (Rich Site Summary) feed is a dying web application, but will this forum have a RSS feed fuction in the near future?
The symbol with the link at the bottom right of this page, next to Contact us, Terms and rules, Privacy policy, Help and Home, isn't working.
Sorry, if my inquiry has been posted before. I'm still getting used to search function in the new version of this forum.
Yep, doesn't work - never tested it. I'll investigate.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize that, Paul.
Yep, doesn't work - never tested it. I'll investigate.
The main RSS feed link now works.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One nagging annoyance, possibly inherent in the forum's image viewing software.

Using Chrome (haven't tried in other browsers), when I click on an image to bring up the Image viewer, there are sometimes images that are too large or tall to display completely, and the bottom is hidden behind the thumbnail "filmstrip" at the bottom of the screen. Often, the bit that's cut off is the caption for a drawing or photograph. To view those images in full, I have to click on the icon to expand the image and open it in its own window. Not a huge problem, but it sure would be nice if the viewer would scale everything down so that none of the images are obscured.
You can press the down arrow to hide the filmstrip, then you can view the full pictures.

TomS

Reaction score

Using Chrome (haven't tried in other browsers), when I click on an image to bring up the Image viewer, there are sometimes images that are too large or tall to display completely, and the bottom is hidden behind the thumbnail "filmstrip" at the bottom of the screen. Often, the bit that's cut off is the caption for a drawing or photograph. To view those images in full, I have to click on the icon to expand the image and open it in its own window. Not a huge problem, but it sure would be nice if the viewer would scale everything down so that none of the images are obscured.
You can press the down arrow to hide the filmstrip, then you can view the full pictures.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks!

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks!
you can also click or press the grid icon to hide the timeline. I use this on the phone. Forum is very usable on mobile devices now.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

Good ideas should be left up to reality to decide.
Reaction score
Oh crap, it's been another long while since I've looked back to this website. Congrats on the update and this server lasting much longer!

Sorry if I haven't donated since the last time I've donated, but it's nice to hear things are running smoothly still.

Hobbes

Reaction score
It seems I can't add more than one URL to a post. When I add a second URL, the first one disappears (I just observed this here: affected thread)

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Graham1973

Reaction score
I've just noticed an odd bug. I was editing a post I'd made and when I selected part of the text and then clicked 'bold' to bold that part of the text the entire post became bolded, the same thing happened with italicising. When I then slowly edited the document to remove the bolding/italicising where I didn't need it everything seemed to work as normal.

Graham1973

Reaction score
Can someone fix the five minute editing limit on messages in private conversations. I find it quite annoying.

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A minor problem of mine with regards to PM: I still have about 1000 PM indicated as new/unread. Tried several
times to mark them all as read (seems to run in batches of 100), but the number doesn't decrease. The only way
seems to be, actually to open them one by one.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct, its 100 messages at a time. It took me 9 goes to mark everything as read for my 9 pages of PMs.

Click on the filter box, tick select all,
Capture1.PNG
select mark as read, then hit "go". Worked for me.

Capture2.PNG
Click Select all, pick mark conversations read from the dropdown, hit go.

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Much better now, thank you !
Clicking the filter "Unread conversations" at first did the trick.