• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Forum Rules 2.0

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Secret Forum Rules

Posting Guidelines

• Before you post, try searching the forum to see if there is already a topic existing.
  • No Sponging. Endless requests for information without contribution is not encouraged.
  • No Bumping. This means don't post a reply to your own topic just to get it back on the first page, or complain at the lack of answers to your question. You have no right to a reply, and can't expect instant results.
  • No Trolling. This means no posts aimed at stirring controversy with other users, inciting racial or religious arguments or pointless speculations.
  • Give your sources where possible. This is vital to allow other forum members to judge your contribution appropriately.

Posting Images & Copyright

• Where possible, seek permission from the copyright holder before posting any images. Images posted under a defence of "fair use" or "fair dealing" should be low resolution (no larger than 600 pixels in width and height), and not cause financial harm to the copyright holder. The rights of the copyright holder to object to posted material always take priority over "fair use". If you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder, you can use as high a resolution as you like.
  • NEVER post images from currently available books or magazines without the permission of the copyright holder. This harms revenues and may jeopardise the production of future books and magazines. Aviation publishing isn't a big money maker and we must support the authors and publishers. Posting a brief textual summary is acceptable.
  • Copyright law can be complex and vary from country to country. We fully respect the rights of photographers, artists, authors, publishers and manufacturers. If you feel that a post infringes your copyright, report it using the "report to moderator" link found in each post and explain what the problem is and it will be removed.

General Conduct

• Give back what you can, when you can. Don't just sit there passively consuming. If you have nothing to add, but you really appreciated something somebody posted, let them know. Keep an eye out for information others on the board might find interesting, even if you don't.
  • Membership of this forum is a privilege not a right. The moderators reserve to right to delete accounts, edit posts as appropriate, and ban users if abuse of this privilege take place.
  • Please invite any likeminded people you know to join us here.

Mike Pryce

BAe P.1216 book: harrier.org.uk/P1216.htm
Reaction score
In the light of recent events, perhaps it might help to put copyright issues at the top, and maybe break the rules into sections with headings - Copyright, Posting, General Conduct etc. In addition, how about numbers (kb or pixels) for 'lo res'

Also, could be a good idea to PM the 2.0 (or 2.1 etc.) rules to new members on joining (and all current members if possible). I know I only looked at the rules some time after joining, as I preferred to 'dive right in'!

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike, I've amended the rules with sections, but I don't see that putting the copyright stuff first makes much difference. The rules are emphaticly NOT in order of importance, and I've removed the numbers to make that clear.

I will also email the new rules to all users, and see if they can added to the signup agreement.

Paul.

Skybolt

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Question: what about long ago issues of still extant magazines?

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you wish to go down the fair use/fair dealing route (according to appropriate laws), then you should post a low resolution scan. Be aware, however, that if the copyright holder objects to such posts they will have to be removed by the moderators.