Flight archive going online (and offline)

My dear Schneiderman,

I download many issues,ask me if you need,maybe it is in my collection.
Hi,
I'm a student doing research on the napier sabre VA, would be very helpful if i can get access to Flight magazine 1945, starts page 550 I believe. I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

My dear Schneiderman,

Hi,
I'm a student doing research on the napier sabre VA, would be very helpful if i can get access to Flight magazine 1945, starts page 550 I believe. I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

To be honest, I'd love a copy as well. Not p.550 though, that's the May 24 issue and does not appear to mention the Sabre.

Last edited:
My dear Schneiderman,

Hi,

To be honest, I'd love a copy as well. Not p.550 though, that's the May 24 issue and does not appear to mention the Sabre.
Any chance you know where they mention the sabre VA?

My dear Schneiderman,

Hi,

Any chance you know where they mention the sabre VA?
Sorry, no. I was hoping you had found it.

Hello to all, I have a problem with this. Needs help. @flateric ?
Just in case, I've all archive downloaded, all 176Gb of it.

1965 stops in June, then only a brief bit of december. And of course, courtesy of the bloody MTFCKR Murphy Law, what I'm looking for is in October... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

content-2.png
content.png

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1594251534957.jpg
    FB_IMG_1594251534957.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hello to all, I have a problem with this. Needs help.

1965 stops in June, then only a brief bit of december. And of course, courtesy of the bloody MTFCKR Murphy Law, what I'm looking for is in October... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 703220
View attachment 703219
Back when I put together the compilation page for our IPMS. Project Cancelled group newsletter, #4 covering 'space projects' (page posted above) our local public reference library held full sets of Flight (Aeroplane, et al) all since disposed of in the rebranding to 'access centre' :(

Hi,
that 176GB version is incomplete, since I was looking for Tempest V, founding the August 1945 article said "Thefirst to be released for a fulldetailed description was theMark V (Flight, March ist,1945) with Napier Sabre engine of more than2,200 h.p."
Then I turned to March and found page 217-244 missing, the mk.V is in some pages of them.
I dont know whether the author who uploaded the 176Gb version lost some pages, or the Original version in Flight online archive is incomplete. I thought very likely the 176Gb is downloaded from the online archive.

Original archive was incomplete. Whole volumes were missing. Some stuff was lost while batch downloading. Some of this missing stuff still accessible via Internet Archive.

Still it was a generous endeavour from a publisher we should be grateful for.