Favorite air museum in California

What is your favorite air museum in California?

• Yanks Air Museum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travis AFB Aviation Museum

• Palm Springs Air Museum

• Oakland Aviation Museum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I have gone to several air museums in southern California, which is no surprise given that southern California was one of the major US aircraft manufacturing hubs in the western US during World War II and the Cold War. Therefore, I'm asking your input on what is your favorite air museum in California you've visited.

Gonna go with Castle, since it's the only one I've been to off this list. They also have nearly one of every plane could think of! Is there anywhere else you can compare every bomber, from B-18 to B-58, to a Vulcan or SR-71?

Unfortunately, their inventory was not in great shape 12 years ago, I do worry how they're holding up now.

IMG_0997.JPG

Not in the list but also in California:

- Air Force Flight Test Museum at Edwards AFB
- Blackbird Airpark at Palmdale
- Joe Davies Heritage Airpark at Palmdale (next to Blackbird Airpark)

Also Chico Air Museum and Aerospace Museum of California in Sacramento.

Add the Gillespie Field Annex of the San Diego Air & Space Museum (has an X-13), the Classic Rotors Museum, the Vietnam Helicopters Museum, the California Science Center (has an F-20 and the Endeavour Shuttle Orbiter), the Pacific Coast Air Museum, the Museum of Flying, the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, the USS Midway Museum, and the USS Hornet Museum to the mix.

Last edited:
Commemorative AF at Camarillo, China Lake Museum, Ridgecrest

Estrella Warbird Museum in Paso Robles. General Atomics GNAT on display among many other aircraft.