F-14 Intercepts an Avro Vulcan bomber over the USS Nimitz

Two of my fav aircraft sadly out of service. Other than the Iranian copies are there any F14's still in flying condition?

Did I miss something, has Bojo upset Sleepy Joe already in an alternate reality where Vulcs and F14s are still in service. Nurse, the screens and UK75's teething biscuits and grip water (fade to babbling).
Cut to Sky News Kay whatshername in a restaurant still broadcasting:
"Footage is just coming in of US Navy aircraft enforcing the noFly zone in the Irish Sea.... woops"
No sooner had I posted the nonsense above (please dont take it seriously) than BBC Radio 4 tells me for real that the clowns running UKplc are going to set the remnants of the RN on French fishing boats after 1 Jan.
Just to remind how well that went last time

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Actually old chap, there is still the boy scout dinghy and half a Swiss army knife in reserve. Unless the knife has been retired.

Fraid you are too optimistic, the Home Secretary upset the boy scouts so they took their dinghy home. Meanwhile the MOD admit that the half they have of the Swiss knife only has the bit for taking stones out of horses' hooves.

Two of my fav aircraft sadly out of service. Other than the Iranian copies are there any F14's still in flying condition?
The (not copies, but actual F-14 aircraft) Iranian F-14s are the only ones left operational in the world. There are supposedly around 40 surviving aircraft, with an unknown number being operational.

The (not copies, but actual F-14 aircraft) Iranian F-14s are the only ones left operational in the world. There are supposedly around 40 surviving aircraft, with an unknown number being operational.
Yep. IIRC that's why they so thoroughly destroyed the retired F-14s, to prevent "spare" parts from making their way to Iran.

Bad choice of words on my part, I know they were provided by the US as a counter to MIG 25 overflights.