Error when I try to see a profile

theponja

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Every time I've tried to see an user's profile a I've got the error:

Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile.

Is this the normal behavior? Because to me is very useful to see the users profile.
Sometimes I found and old post and I want to see if the user is coming to the forum. Another times I want to see all the post by a user which have good information. An example is Justo Miranda.

I entered the forum from a Windows+Internet Explorer PC computer and everything works fine.

Ordinary members can't view profiles or forum stats like they used to be able to.

This was changed after someone managed to track me down to my place of work and emailed my boss a bunch of baseless accusations.

I will review this policy once I determine exactly what information is visible from a profile by guests and members.

Wow,

That's really worrying. Some areas should be restricted to Administrator only (email address for instance, because members already have PM for private communications)

overscan said:
Ordinary members can't view profiles or forum stats like they used to be able to.

This was changed after someone managed to track me down to my place of work and emailed my boss a bunch of baseless accusations.

I will review this policy once I determine exactly what information is visible from a profile by guests and members.

As always some idiot uses a good feature for a bad thing so the members lost a useful info.

Well when you have time to review this feature please tell us about it. It's very useful to look for info as I post before.

Thanks for the answer
Luis

If a member wishes, he or she can post some or all of their bio in the Introduce Yourself section and then be as specific as they want. It's their choice.