Email notifications not arriving

steelpillow

Not coming back. Send me a PM.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have had no email notifications on watched threads for the last month or two. They still have watched status in my UI and appear in my Alerts drop-down. But I have to log in before I can see if anything new has been posted. Is the problem with emails not being sent or is it a third-party spam filtering issue?

Email notifications dried up again some time ago. Any ideas?

Yes. You are still with OpenSRS for your email. They periodically ban the forum mail server for no reason. I can try to get it unblocked again.

I am considering a paid mail host as an additional cost as Microsoft are similarly affected with stupidity.

Thanks. I suppose the keyword "secret" sets the idiots aboggling, be they human or artificial.

Last edited:
I've changed to Amazon SES for sending email. Lets see if the notifications start arriving.

Problem is simple - an organisation in Switzerland publishes a blacklist which blocks every single IP from my server host Digital Ocean regardless of if it ever sent spam. To get off the list requires paying them extortion money. Some misguided ISPs subscribe to this list. I have gotten MOST to unblock my server but Microsoft is an impossible nut to crack. No-one you can contact has the authority to whitelist your server.