• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Dyna Soar Book Kickstarter

aim9xray

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
I've just learned about a kickstarter for a new Dyna Soar book. It has been written by Air Force Historian Dr. Roy Houchin (who has written a previous dissertation on the subject) and is to be published by ARA Press' Jack Hagerty if the Kickstarter is successful.

If you are interested in supporting what looks to be a good cause, follow the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jhagerty/the-dyna-soar-book?ref=thanks-copy

elmayerle

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I chipped in. Here's hoping enough others do, too.

edwest

Reaction score
That was too ambitious. While I applaud his efforts, a bit of research would have revealed that setting a lower dollar goal would have had a better chance of meeting its target and while not dropping the price of the book to the desired price point, would have brought in enough to drop it to closer to the target. However, a last minute surge is not unheard of.

Last edited:

greenmartian2017

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Kickstarter campaign unsuccessful. Only $4,268 raised of $60,000 needed. Does that mean that the book won't see print?

edwest

Reaction score
No, not necessarily. The author has a few options left. Try another crowdfunding platform or attempt to solicit pre-orders for a smaller press run. I know that below a certain minimum, the cost per book increases but he may be able to find (or already has?) someone who can do an economical short run.