'Dune' Gets a Sequel

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Honestly, given the cheap way this first chapter was made (with even doubled sound track to save for the cost of a sound recording crew!!!*), I'll gladly wait that the public channel get the budget to pay for it.

I have never seen a movie claiming to re-instate an epic story with a big budget** cutting so much in the story to save production costs. But to be honest, IMO it's not the first time that Villeneuve traps the viewer in something like that. If he has ever wanted to be seen as an artist that invented a new genre, that would be probably the greedy vague...

*And why not a silent movie next!
**Most of whom was probably swallowed in commercials and PR

Nik

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
A head-scratcher for you...

When I saw original movie on TV, I had weirdest feeling of deja-vu...

It was not 'Dune, the Door-stop'. But I seemed to remember reading it as a novelette a decade or two earlier...

So, was my memory playing tricks ? ( IIRC, sand-worms and 'Weirding Modules' were in novelette, but latter was discarded... )

Or was there really a half-baked mini-me, which blossomed into the mega-book, its zillion sequels & spin-offs ??

edwest2

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Long ago, I was on a bus when I spotted a passenger reading Dune. It looked like a large book but the word Dune didn't catch my interest. The images I've seen from this movie have not grabbed me either.

I know how Hollywood works. Key scenes are drawn on large storyboards like a comic book. A Producer, or Producers, walk by, say "What is that scene going to cost me?" and recommend cuts to lower costs.